Black box tale from used car salesman, whaa???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rent a car every summer when in south Florida. Last summer when I tried to leave the parking lot exit, the attendant told me I could not take the car I chose (Kia Optima). A service reminder came up on his computer once he scanned the vehicle barcode. The nice thing about this small inconvenience was that I noticed a virtually brand new Fusion Hybrid and took that instead. This summer I chose a Fusion Hybrid again but I noticed that the attendant recorded an incorrect exit mileage of 10176 instead of 108xx Should I say anything when I return it? I get unlimited mileage with the rental. I take very good care of rentals by the way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
My wife used to work at Hertz in one of the offices a The cars get minimal maintenance.

What does this mean? Somebody on here either works for the same company your wife does-or a major competitor because he stated they did receive oil changes. So what exactly does "minimal maintenance mean"?

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: CT8
My wife used to work at Hertz in one of the offices a The cars get minimal maintenance.

What does this mean? Somebody on here either works for the same company your wife does-or a major competitor because he stated they did receive oil changes. So what exactly does "minimal maintenance mean"?

Minimal maintenance is per manufacturers schedule, not the schedule followed by OCD drivers in all likelihood.

Once, my wife wanted some Saturn crossover thing. We were at the dealer and the salesman was talking it up. I had already done all the research and all we really needed was the deal and the options.
Anyway, the salesman logs onto his desktop and his homepage was a picture of an AMC Rebel Machine carrying the front wheels at a drag strip. I said cool, a Rebel Machine. The salesman said you know what that is? I said yes. Then he said that one is mine. I then turned to my wife and said let's go. On our way out she asked what the problem was. I said there's NO WAY that car was his. He's a liar.

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
Once, my wife wanted some Saturn crossover thing. We were at the dealer and the salesman was talking it up. I had already done all the research and all we really needed was the deal and the options.
Anyway, the salesman logs onto his desktop and his homepage was a picture of an AMC Rebel Machine carrying the front wheels at a drag strip. I said cool, a Rebel Machine. The salesman said you know what that is? I said yes. Then he said that one is mine. I then turned to my wife and said let's go. On our way out she asked what the problem was. I said there's NO WAY that car was his. He's a liar.

Was this a NEW SATURN? They were sold at MSRP-that was their big thing-no haggling.

How do you know it wasn't his?

One of my best friends sells used cars at a BMW dealership. He used to run his own Funny Car, and he worked on the first Top Fuel Dragster I worked on.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

How do you know it wasn't his?

One of my best friends sells used cars at a BMW dealership. He used to run his own Funny Car, and he worked on the first Top Fuel Dragster I worked on.

Something tells me we are only getting half of the (Saturn) story.........

This was toward the end of Saturn. I think the car was the Relay, if I remember right. By deal, I meant just put our money down and get the car optioned the way we wanted it.

I've been around car guys all my life. This guy didn't strike me as a car guy and it certainly seemed like he was was reacting to what I said as a salesman. Also, if there was an AMC Rebel Machine on Long Island, someone somewhere would see it from time to time. Never seen one.

We ended up getting her a Kia Sorento instead. Good thing. I remember that Relay was a butt ugly car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back