Bizarre metal pieces found in the sink and my mouth, help me identify

And with all the foamy expectorant generated whilst brushing you find these things? How many so far?
We need occurrence data. Sieve your spittle. There could be hundreds of these things.
Are they in your ears or flow with your urine as well?
Is there any chance you're pulling our collective leg?
Did not keep count, but my girlfriend and i saw these from time to time at the bottom of the sink and wondered what it was and where it came from but didn't really care until i found one in my mouth yesterday.
I saw that once years ago. Like back in the late 80s.

I believe it came from the toothpaste.
We're now using homemade toothpaste.
It's a new bug made by the Russian FSB. They want figure out the secret behind butter from Brittany
If my memory is correct we already talked about butter! If they try to figure it out then it becomes a serious matter.

Looks like brass yes, always the same. Never saw anything like that until the last months and i am pretty sure it happened to me in different places.

LMAO!

It happened to me in different places, different faucets and i took a look at the faucet screen and nothing like that.

Umm ... errrr ... so how many places exactly do you brush your teeth... ?

To be clear, you looked at the faucet and there is no aerator or screen on it/them... ?

At home 90% of the time, at relatives and friends the rest of the time. Faucets have screens but nothing like that caught in them.

It has to be coming from your body or your toothbrush if you've seen it in different sinks.

I doubt it's your toothbrush since those are made of plastic (even brush heads on electric ones).

So it's from your body.

Leo, you probably found the answer! I must rethink the way i brush my teeth...

Last edited:
I think LEO99 nailed it. Google "toothbrush anchor wire".

https://www.bedra.com/fileadmin/mas...kerstandsdraht/ankerstandsdraht-ungerillt.jpg

I think LEO99 nailed it. google toothbrush anchor wire.

https://www.bedra.com/fileadmin/mas...kerstandsdraht/ankerstandsdraht-ungerillt.jpg
I’d stick with less expensive brands changed out on a more regular basis...

It seems quite plausible that these pieces are coming from your toothbrush. Assuming these are some type of bristle retention system, have you ever noticed bristles missing from a toothbrush? This may be a European issue but what brand of toothbrush are you using? How often do you replace your toothbrush?

Back