Bitogsters influence

Status
Not open for further replies.
M1 0W-20 is stocked at many Walmart's (not all), so try to find a big one (and a newer one) in a more affluent area (where customers are likely to have newer cars).

If you are talking about a brand that is not normally stocked in that weight in any Walmart, that is a little harder since they don't have a history of any demand. I would ask someone in Walmart automotive for a phone number to call to discuss this with Walmart management (at a higher level than store level). Once I was able to talk to the guy in charge of ordering all optical products for Walmart at corporate headquarters in Bentonville.

I would like to influence everyone to go with a good synthetic 10w30!
crazy2.gif

As I have mentioned before, Honda will backwards spec their recommend oil weight from 5w20 to 0w20, and going forward your going to see a lot more engines with 0w20 recommended from a lot of OEM's.

My guess is 5 quart jugs rolling out at the end of 09 to the end of 2nd quarter 2010

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
I would like to influence everyone to go with a good synthetic 10w30!
crazy2.gif

I give you a lot of credit to you for doggedly staying with your "thickerer is betterer"
LOL.gif
. Like you we experience winter in northern NJ. Both our Ford trucks 4.6's spec 5W-20 oil year round. We've had great success with using Motorcraft 5W-20 year round. In my old '89 F-150 with the I6 4.9 synthetic 10W-30 worked best in the winter versus the spec'd dino 10W-30. I never even thought to use 5W-30 because it was never spec'd for that grade.

Paul you have to admit not all engines work best on thicker oil. It depends on the engine design. I'll keep using 0/5W-20 oils in our 4.6 Fords and 5W-30 blends in my 1996 Contour 2.0 Zetec. I use what works best for me.

All the best,

Whimsey

Last edited:
I'll say not this product. I'd say that GC got some critical mass chain reaction out of BITOG ...it spread like wild fire. You would have members cleaning out full available inventories from AutoZone.

..but that was coming off the VW/AUDI/SAAB sludge issue with the onset of the 500.xx/229.xx ..etc.stuff and it being one of the very few approved oils.

After all, it was Ch-heir-mehen and had to be excellent.
grin2.gif

..but there's no such frenzy over 0w-20
21.gif

I've been influenced enough to have quite a few gallons of PP stocked in the house.

currently running the penzoil high mileage stuff. it's discoloring alot sooner then the synthtic stuff.

is the only difference of the new PP bottle the bottle itself? the older lookign bottles of PP are alomst 15 candian less then the new bottle. new bottle carries about half a quart more oil.

Originally Posted By: Whimsey

I give you a lot of credit to you for doggedly staying with your "thickerer is betterer"
LOL.gif

10w-30 is thick???

sorry, jsut being an arse

Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
..but there's no such frenzy over 0w-20
21.gif

That's because it sux.

Interesting statement, how did you come to that conclusion? Ruin an engine using it? Reality is supply and demand will determine if/when 0w20 is bottled in 5 qt jugs. I think we'll see it sooner or later as more cars are being spec'd for 20 grade oils.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
Originally Posted By: Whimsey

LOL.gif

10w-30 is thick???

sorry, jsut being an arse

Yes, it is.

I seriously do not understand you Aussies and your desire to use an oil that is many, many times thicker than your engine wants or needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back