BITOG Test Levels 1-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!

I was just thinking about BITOG education. How about for the diehard fans, a series of tiered level tests? Start at level 4 to level 1 for beginners in group C. Then work your way to level A? You read a section already on BITOG and take a series of multiple choice test? This would be strictly voluntary because not everyone has a lot of time. It may encourage more subscribers and internet chatter. As you progress you obtain a numbered "Badge of Education."

I know there are certain algorithms for grading tests. As it may be impossible for one person to manage the grading etc.

At least some of us would have a better understanding of oil. I know it takes years in college to digest an ever changing science.

We already have some great intellectuals on this board. They could guide the sheep, so to speak. I'm no expert, so in this arena. Opinions?

Just a thought for 2019!

Originally Posted by CELICA_XX
People can't even agree on what is "true" about oils

True! That is why I would defer to Molakule (sorry to pick on you) or a couple different folks with time in their respective fields. I know science is an ever changing system. At least it would be an understanding. There could be a disclaimer and waiver of liability. IDK? Heck, even the Periodic Table is growing. Nothing is exact except death. lol

This idea seems a lot like the last idea you posted about sharing science. A little different of course but a lot similar too, at least to me.

Yes! But, very basic. We already have BITOG University. Guess, I was thinking of Khan Academy. BITOG already has a good reputation and is constantly referenced on various boards through out the world.

Marketing is the truth as well as watching you tube videos with out discernment.

LOL Too much, " Well he can't be a man 'cause he don't smoke the same cigarettes as me..." in many threads, not to mention the 'peeing' contests that seems to happen in most "thick vs thin" threads.

Originally Posted by Onetor
Good morning!

I was just thinking about BITOG education. How about for the diehard fans, a series of tiered level tests? Start at level 4 to level 1 for beginners in group C. Then work your way to level A? You read a section already on BITOG and take a series of multiple choice test? This would be strictly voluntary because not everyone has a lot of time. It may encourage more subscribers and internet chatter. As you progress you obtain a numbered "Badge of Education."

I know there are certain algorithms for grading tests. As it may be impossible for one person to manage the grading etc.

At least some of us would have a better understanding of oil. I know it takes years in college to digest an ever changing science.

We already have some great intellectuals on this board. They could guide the sheep, so to speak. I'm no expert, so in this arena. Opinions?

Just a thought for 2019!

NO

Originally Posted by CT8
Marketing is the truth as well as watching you tube videos with out discernment.

Beat me to it...
How would you test a person's "feelings" towards the science of oils, as delivered to the forum through advertising and youtube.
It's relatively easy to test for facts and data, but the forum finds those "scary" in light of what they want to believe.

So in light of feelings rather than facts, how about we give everyone an "A", and "A+" for the most youtube ads posted as science.

Originally Posted by yeti
this COULD be the latest reincarnation of 'prone.

It's possible, I'll say that. Nothing I can see to say it definitely isn't.

And what will you do with your TED (tribology equivalent diploma) after graduation? Wipe out the competition at the Quickie Lube?
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back