BITOG Specification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us produce a BITOG specification that would make all here happy...

Imagine going to the parts store and seeing oil bottles that say "meets current BITOG Specifications..."

Then we could have peace of mind and sleep at night.

Let us vote on it...

We'd need both 'light', and 'heavy' formulations , to satisfy all BITOG enthusiasts.
Or, label half the bottles 0-20, and the rest 20-50, and just fill them with 5-30 and everybody sleeps well at night.

You'd need a testing regimen, where cases of proposed oils are delivered to member's doorsteps for a 5000 mile run. The oil companies would have to pay for the fuel required for the 5000 mark with prepaid gas cards. They need to whisk the used oil away for analysis by an independent lab: not 4 oz either take the whole gallon jug. And for standardization they better supply all the same filters... NAPA gold.
grin.gif

The wars that would ensue when we tried to iron out a specification to use would rival the fights seen in the middle east between Sunni and Shiite muslims.
We'd have the thick faction pushing 5W40 for everything, and the thin faction pushing 0W20 for everything.
We'd have synthetic purists, blend people, and dino oil advocates all fighting it out.
We'd also have a crowd that believes in regular 3000/3 mile/month oil changes, and others that would change the oil once every 25,000 miles, whether it needs it or not.

quote:

Originally posted by mechtech:
We'd need both 'light', and 'heavy' formulations , to satisfy all BITOG enthusiasts.
Or, label half the bottles 0-20, and the rest 20-50, and just fill them with 5-30 and everybody sleeps well at night.

Love it!
lol.gif

Available grades:

Bitog Bulletproof - rebadged D1

Bitog Elite - rebadged GC

Bitog Budget - rebadged Chevron 5w-30

Bitog Sprint - rebadged RL

Bitog Contrarian - rebadged anything except xw-30 weight in either synth or dino. May include 0w-0 or straight 50 weight dino. Suitable in climates from -60 to 135 depending on the operator.
grin.gif

Jason, I have been on his case for sometime in regards to releasing what could be the most cutting edge and cost effective lubricant ever introduced to the PCMO consumer.

I am waiting too for a formula to try in my own cars !
fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
Jason, I have been on his case for sometime in regards to releasing what could be the most cutting edge and cost effective lubricant ever introduced to the PCMO consumer.

I am waiting too for a formula to try in my own cars !
fruit.gif

Canadian Esso XD-3 Extra 0W30 not good enough for you Terry? Ever had the chance to evaluate it?

I think it comes as close to the best universal BiTOG spec oil as you could imagine.

1) its a HDEO (for the HDEO fanatics).
2) 0W-30 viscosity (for 0W fans)
3) Its a thick 30-weight (for the thicker is better crowd, and the crowd that likes high-viscosity 30-weight oils).
4) Its dirt cheap, USD$2.90/quart.
5) Full grp IV synthetic (for the Castrol Group III haters).
6) Its not readily found on the shelves of Wal-Mart, so it appeals to those who like obscure oils (like the Amsoil/Redline/Royal Purple fans).
7) It has a readily compatible dino oil family available if dino oil mixing is desired.
8) The wear numbers are second to none.
9) Negligible viscosity thickening and high TBN for long drains.

Pitzel, the last Esso/Exxon formula I tested was a few years back that was exceptional in performance and chemistry. Soon after Mobil and Exxon merged that formula was shelved. I wonder if you are talking about that Exxon peculiar formula ?

The last market that oil was available was Canada.

I have not knowingly tested the formula you are promoting.

If oil analysis is exceptionally good then keep using the product !

Terry

Does Mola have any colleagues who are of Elvish ethnicity?...there are certain standards from which I cannot depart and expecting my oils to be of Elvish origin is one of them...yup.

How about a requirement that whatever service 2/3 of the vehicles in the country see MUST be considered NORMAL service, instead of this crap about how 90% of the cars on the road are in "severe" service? If everything is severe, then nothing is severe.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
...there are certain standards from which I cannot depart and expecting my oils to be of Elvish origin is one of them...yup.

Do you prefer them cold pressed, or is sol,vent extracted and hydrotreated OK ?

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
...there are certain standards from which I cannot depart and expecting my oils to be of Elvish origin is one of them...yup.

Do you prefer them cold pressed, or is sol,vent extracted and hydrotreated OK ?

Shannow, my friend,

Cold pressed is the ONLY way to go!
grin.gif
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back