BITOG Site Problems Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suddenly I'm having problems staying logged in here. Any time I leave the site it logs me out, sometimes during a session it will log me out when changing subjects. If I click on a BITOG referenced url in a post it will require a log in.
This has been intermittent for the last 6 mo but now happens all the time.
I hope you guys can give me some help with this. I had a terrible time remembering my password as my computer has been logged in since I joined.

Smoky

Hace you added or changed any "system cleaner" software? Sometimes they wipe ou the cookies with every restart of the browser.

What OS and browser are you using? Mine will bump me out and I have to re log in about once every couple of days.

it does it to me all the time aswell.

the real problem with the site is that you can only search back one year NOW, that makes researching useless.....

I get booted out its kinda random.

one day it happened 3x... then It didnt happen for a week.

I only get logged out once a week.

Originally Posted By: wsar10
the real problem with the site is that you can only search back one year NOW, that makes researching useless.....

Use google search and type "site:bobistheoilguy.com" after whatever topic you want to search.. goes back as far as you want it to.

"They" say if you use different computers you get kicked out more.

I get kicked out lots, have a password manager help with that.

Sometimes I'll log in, click a quick link on the left panel, and already be logged out on my first thread read.

I have to log in every day. And the password I set up has never worked. I have to use the pw BIOG sends me and use that one for several days until I have to asked for a new one. I don't know what the problem is, but I don't think it is my computer. BIOG please fix the log in software, it has a problem.

Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc
I only get logged out once a week.

Originally Posted By: wsar10

Use google search and type "site:bobistheoilguy.com" after whatever topic you want to search.. goes back as far as you want it to.

that hardly makes a difference, you still don't even get half of the UOA's and it takes an hour to filter through those......

This issue is very frustrating to me, one of the main purpose's of this forum is to be able to research UOA's and identify trends, and they just [censored] that away.

Same for me. I always have to log in every time I visit and then when I go to one of the forums, I have to log in again. I always check keep me logged in but it never happens. It did it on my old computer and now on my new Windows 8 computer. No other web site does this.

I had this problem for a period of time and then suddenly it went away. I use a number of different PCs and it affected all of them.

Also the search function is just about worthless here and always has been. You are better off using google or Yahoo, with BITOG and the search terms you want to look for.

The site regularly-yet-randomly signs me out when I hop across different computers, all using Google Chrome. I had the same experience with Mozilla Firefox. If I'm using Internet Explorer, it'll actually sign me out WHILE I'M USING the site. I can read one thread signed in, click on the Quick Quote button, and it'll tell me that I need to sign in.

IF you have IE11 that actually busts many things.. try using compatibility view and adding the website to its list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back