Detail and Wax - Top Picks and Favorites Of Members On BITOG

My 2018 Camry is garage kept with only 12,000 miles on it. It's never parked outside. There is no chalking or UV damage on any of the plastic. It looks like the day I drove it home from the dealer. This stuff did absolutely nothing.
We'll, if it's not faded then I'd say it did what it is supposed to do. It's not a shine enhancer or restorer. Just UV protector. That's it. It won't wash dishes or pick up dog poo, either.

My 2018 Camry is garage kept with only 12,000 miles on it. It's never parked outside. There is no chalking or UV damage on any of the plastic. It looks like the day I drove it home from the dealer. This stuff did absolutely nothing.

What do you want it to look like then? It sounds like it looks brand new.

The car is 4 years old. I put it on yesterday. It didn't do anything. It's not faded because it hasn't been exposed to the elements. Not because of anything that crap did in 48 hours.
You are missing my point. It does one thing. Protect. You'd have no way of knowing how it did until years later. Being garaged like yours is, you might not even need the stuff. But it is cheap insurance, for sure.

You are missing my point. It does one thing. Protect. You'd have no way of knowing how it did until years later. Being garaged like yours is, you might not even need the stuff. But it is cheap insurance, for sure.
I get your point about "protection". The thing is there are all but countless products out there that accomplish the exact same thing. They will also "protect", while improving the looks of where they're applied, to the point you can at least see it.

This crap is like wiping on water. It dries and it's gone. You can't tell it was ever applied. So why bother using it, when you can apply a similar product that will improve the appearance of what your putting it on, while "protecting" it as well?

The whole concept of washing, waxing, and detailing a vehicle, is to have it look better when you're done, than when you started. Not look the same.

I get that people don't necessarily want a high gloss shine. But I've never seen any black plastic trim that doesn't look better with some type of dressing on it that richens up the look of it, all while "protecting" it as well.

And most all of these protective dressings are available in a formula that will produce any type of look you wish to achieve. This crap is completely useless in that department.... Regardless of how well it supposedly, "protects".... Which they all do.

Looks like some good stuff!
Man, this sealant makes the paint look so wet you get the feeling you could jump into it and swim! I have the 32 oz. size and a little bit goes a very long way. My cousin has it right now. She uses it on her 2017 black NAVI. I told her to hold onto it until I need it again. It's ideal for dark paint jobs but works on all finishes.

I get your point about "protection". The thing is there are all but countless products out there that accomplish the exact same thing. They will also "protect", while improving the looks of where they're applied, to the point you can at least see it.

This crap is like wiping on water. It dries and it's gone. You can't tell it was ever applied. So why bother using it, when you can apply a similar product that will improve the appearance of what your putting it on, while "protecting" it as well?

The whole concept of washing, waxing, and detailing a vehicle, is to have it look better when you're done, than when you started. Not look the same.

I get that people don't necessarily want a high gloss shine. But I've never seen any black plastic trim that doesn't look better with some type of dressing on it that richens up the look of it, all while "protecting" it as well.

And most all of these protective dressings are available in a formula that will produce any type of look you wish to achieve. This crap is completely useless in that department.... Regardless of how well it supposedly, "protects".... Which they all do.
You are upset that it doesn't do what it DOES NOT claim to do. Ok. That's like me getting pissed that my Jeep doesn't fly.

I do agree that there are other products that actually make the trim look better and may also offer protection. So there are good options for you out there.

On the other hand, (so people don't think I'm out to badmouth products), Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray is some of the best stuff I've ever used. And I'll continue to use it.

Over the years I've tried about every type of spray, cream, liquid, paste wax and, or coating known to man on my cars. The Mothers CMX Ceramic spray is one of the absolute best I have EVER used. It's very easy to apply and remove. (Wipe on / wipe off), then lightly buff with a large microfiber towel, and it gives a beautiful, brilliant shine.

Unlike the 303 crap, you can easily distinguish where you've applied it. A huge, noticeable difference becomes present. And the shine lasts far longer than anything else I've ever used.

It costs about the same as the 303.... Except this stuff actually works. And you have something to show for your money and effort.
I have used 303 on the interior for years on the car and boat and can easily tell when its applied. It DOES not give the greasy shine that some anticipate but also does not attract dust. It is water based so it will wash off. If I recall its UV protection was tested some time ago and found to be true. Just sayin.

I used to use 303 on the interior but now use Optimum Protectant Plus. Very similar to 303.

Been using Optimum Hyper Seal but think will be trying Griots 3 in 1 next.
How is the latest version holding up for you?

Opti Seal and the current version of Hyper Seal are interesting products. They are sheeters more than beaders. They produce a very nice glossy look and ease of use is second to none, especially for OS. The new version of Hyper Seal is basically Gloss Coat lite per the Optimum guys.

Griot's isnt' the greatest beading product, but it is durable. That's the main benefit of it. Self-cleaning is so so with it.

How is the latest version holding up for you?

Opti Seal and the current version of Hyper Seal are interesting products. They are sheeters more than beaders. They produce a very nice glossy look and ease of use is second to none, especially for OS. The new version of Hyper Seal is basically Gloss Coat lite per the Optimum guys.

Griot's isnt' the greatest beading product, but it is durable. That's the main benefit of it. Self-cleaning is so so with it.

The new version of Hyper Seal is good but is going up in price. Was just considering trying the Griot's 3 in 1 since have seen some good reviews on it on this site and many others.

I bought into the hype, and purchased a bottle of, "303 Aerospace Protectant". As far as I'm concerned this stuff is nothing but a bunch of overhyped, overpriced crap.

I carefully did all of the black plastic trim on my Toyota Camry, and you can't even tell where I did it. There was no difference at all in how it looked when completed.

I wasn't expecting a blinding silicone shine out of this stuff. But when you work diligently applying something like this, you should expect at least some type of observable result. There was absolutely none.

And there is no way anyone can ascertain if this stuff is "protecting" anything or not. I'll chalk this up to yet another over hyped automotive detailing product, that a chosen few think is wonderful.... Albeit I have no idea why. A waste of $23.00.
Try some Solution Finish on the exterior trim. Should be available on autogeek.net. A detailer on here from CA recommended it. Since he opened a second location he doesn't post on here too often. He uses on his personal vehicles.

I'm going to order Bilt Hamber Touchless. It may just be the only pre-soak touchless wash product that actually works. It's a unique sugar based product. I've watched quite a few comparisons and tests of it and it does seem to be in a league of its own.

The Clean Garage out of Pa sells BH products.

When it comes to Wax nothing beat Soft99 FusoCoat in my personal experience. The gloss might not be on par with TW graphene but the hydrophobic properties are second to none.

Back