Detail and Wax - Top Picks and Favorites Of Members On BITOG

3 in 1 should be used as a stand alone per Griot's. Just an FYI. You could put something on top, but its not guaranteed to do much of anything.

The new Mequiars Hybrid Ceramic spray wax is awesome. Watched a heap of vids and see it was controversial but I don't know what the fuss was about. It's so easy to apply, buffs awesome and looks fantastic. Yet to see it's longevity but I might never find out as I use it as a finishing agent on every wash so it's alway working for me.

1. Meguiar's Ceramic Spray Wax.
2. McKee's 37 Road Kill Bug Removal.
3. McKee's 37 Tar Max Tar Remover.
4. SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus.
5. Optimum Opti-Glass Clean & Protect.

2022 Honda Insight EX.
Platinum White Pearl.

Last edited:
3 in 1 should be used as a stand alone per Griot's. Just an FYI. You could put something on top, but its not guaranteed to do much of anything.
Buster - get out of these wax threads and get that Bison dirty before the cold sets in 😷
Going camping Weds/Thursday … 55F at night … been a long miserable wait for that !!!

Buster - get out of these wax threads and get that Bison dirty before the cold sets in 😷
Going camping Weds/Thursday … 55F at night … been a long miserable wait for that !!!
Nice. I was out today for a bit. Unfortunately it’s a hike to get to any decent OR areas. I prefer cooler weather when I'm out, but not too cold - less bugs.

59257301-6A11-493A-9EE7-71E40635E1A7.jpeg

I have the Meg's Ultimate wax and some of their Ceramic liquid wax and have gone back to my old favorite their NXT 2.0 wax. Deeper shine and was easier on and off. Lasts a long time too. Just not very impressed with the other 2. They say you can use the Ultimate in direct sun ,but i don't think it was does very good if you try that.

I bought into the hype, and purchased a bottle of, "303 Aerospace Protectant". As far as I'm concerned this stuff is nothing but a bunch of overhyped, overpriced crap.

I carefully did all of the black plastic trim on my Toyota Camry, and you can't even tell where I did it. There was no difference at all in how it looked when completed.

I wasn't expecting a blinding silicone shine out of this stuff. But when you work diligently applying something like this, you should expect at least some type of observable result. There was absolutely none.

And there is no way anyone can ascertain if this stuff is "protecting" anything or not. I'll chalk this up to yet another over hyped automotive detailing product, that a chosen few think is wonderful.... Albeit I have no idea why. A waste of $23.00.

On the other hand, (so people don't think I'm out to badmouth products), Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray is some of the best stuff I've ever used. And I'll continue to use it.

Over the years I've tried about every type of spray, cream, liquid, paste wax and, or coating known to man on my cars. The Mothers CMX Ceramic spray is one of the absolute best I have EVER used. It's very easy to apply and remove. (Wipe on / wipe off), then lightly buff with a large microfiber towel, and it gives a beautiful, brilliant shine.

Unlike the 303 crap, you can easily distinguish where you've applied it. A huge, noticeable difference becomes present. And the shine lasts far longer than anything else I've ever used.

It costs about the same as the 303.... Except this stuff actually works. And you have something to show for your money and effort.

Really impressed with Tec582. Better than most ceramic detailers, including Gyeon Ceramic Detailer.

Pro's:
Value
Ease of use (no streaking and easy on/off)
Gloss
Slickness
Smell

Cons:
none I can think of

Beading is decent, but HCD is still the best "beader" among these types of products.

I wasn't expecting a blinding silicone shine out of this stuff. But when you work diligently applying something like this, you should expect at least some type of observable result. There was absolutely none.

It might be a matte finish. Shiny trim went out of style decades ago.

I bought into the hype, and purchased a bottle of, "303 Aerospace Protectant". As far as I'm concerned this stuff is nothing but a bunch of overhyped, overpriced crap.

I carefully did all of the black plastic trim on my Toyota Camry, and you can't even tell where I did it. There was no difference at all in how it looked when completed.

And there is no way anyone can ascertain if this stuff is "protecting" anything or not. I'll chalk this up to yet another over hyped automotive detailing product, that a chosen few think is wonderful.... Albeit I have no idea why. A waste of $23.00.
The key with 303 is to put it on when new. It won't restore faded stuff. I don't even think they claim that. But I've put it on things exposed to a great deal of UV and it does protect them well. It just isn't a restorative product.

The key with 303 is to put it on when new. It won't restore faded stuff. I don't even think they claim that. But I've put it on things exposed to a great deal of UV and it does protect them well. It just isn't a restorative product.
My 2018 Camry is garage kept with only 12,000 miles on it. It's never parked outside. There is no chalking or UV damage on any of the plastic. It looks like the day I drove it home from the dealer. This stuff did absolutely nothing.

I don't like to "wax" more than once a year. NuFinish was my go-to wax for decades and finally went with Turtle Wax Hybrid protectant. which also lasts over a year on my nightly garage kept MAZDA.

I did not know there was vinyl dressing IN A CAN!!! You guys know how big of a game changer that is?!?!

Back