Detail and Wax - Top Picks and Favorites Of Members On BITOG

I used to use NuFinish as it was one of the first 'Paint Sealants'. Thought it was amazing until I tried more modern sealants. I was using a German brand I got from a detailer and then took a chance on Meguiar's Ultimate line. Tried the Compound, Polish, and Wax all under the 'Ultimate' line and they are amazing. I say this because they are WAY easier to buff off than the now not-so-modern NuFinish and the durability has been amazing. I apply just twice a year (Spring and Fall). The water beads reliably between applications. This means it makes it through multiple hand washes during the warm parts of the year and also the touchless rinses that the car gets during the winter to remove the muck and salt of norther winters. Buffing the Meguiars requires so much less effort and the best thing is, I can find them easily on store shelves. I'm sure there are other equally great and more modern sealants that compare, but these have proven really effective for me and quite resonably priced.

i am shocked that no one said much or any thing about Griot's 3 in 1 ceramic and just picked of griots ceramic best of show detailer and i love their spray wash works like dry wash in BUT a lot better and much cheaper glass sealer is just about the best and love all of griots stuff
i have a black car and it all ways looks great used to use Meguiar's BUT i dont like it any more since they sold the company it just not as good as it once was for me its Griots i can detail my whole car in less then 15-20 mins and can do it any were i dont use a hose and bucket any more

I just tried the Blackfire One Step on the hood of my F-150. It had water spots and streaks on it. I had already clayed it and kept some Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax on it. Today, out came the Porter Cable, Blackfire and Lake Country green pads. The Blackfire is amazing stuff. It got all of the imperfections out. Mugs up to Blackfire One Step.

I washed (Griots), clayed (mit), and used Turtle Wax Pro Flex Wax With Graphene om the Titan. It looked great. Easiest on/off that I've used. When the weather warms, I'll put that on my new Ram. No long term results to share yet as I didn't have the Titan long.

This was on sale......I like to spray on a quick detail spray after I wash.
I have to say I am very impressed, especially since I wasn’t expecting much being a Turtle Wax product.
It feels like I just used a clay bar after and when it rains hard or moderately the dirt just rolls off and the car is spotless after. The other pro is it lasts much longer than other brands I’ve tried.

Attachments

• F966A753-83CC-4F77-B015-4E424D1C7825.jpeg
    F966A753-83CC-4F77-B015-4E424D1C7825.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 32
This was on sale......I like to spray on a quick detail spray after I wash.
I have to say I am very impressed, especially since I wasn’t expecting much being a Turtle Wax product.
It feels like I just used a clay bar after and when it rains hard or moderately the dirt just rolls off and the car is spotless after. The other pro is it lasts much longer than other brands I’ve tried.
this stuff has really gotten my attention, probably be my next sealant i buy, for the price/performance/reviews this stuff is golden, to hell with all these high priced, multiple step Boutique sealants, one and done with the TW

I've added P21s TAW and P21s Paintwork Cleanser to my stash. I also ordered Optimum Power Clean and Hyper Polish. OPC will eliminate the need for 2 products being I can dilute it. I'm not as hung up on longevity of these products anymore as it's all so variable. I also wash my cars so often it doesn't matter. Trying to keep it as simple and efficient as possible.

Last edited:
My current exterior maintenance routine for my 2017 Accord consists of Optimum No Rinse for rinseless washing and P&S Bead Maker as a drying agent. Protection: two coats of Jescar Power Lock+, one coat of Optimum Spray Wax and a final liberal spray/wipe of P&S Bead Maker the following day.

My '95 Civic gets the Power Lock+ and the spray wax. Rinseless wash whenever I get tired of looking at it being dirty.

Numerous types of microfiber rags from The Rag Company are used on both vehicles save for the rims where I use the cheap Costco MF towels.

I am very happy with Griot's Best of Show liquid wax (lots of carnuba, now easy wipe off.)

Additionally, weekly spraying with Griot's Ceramic Speed Shine is my regimen. Go thin to win.

My Caviar Black Lexus has no issues with appearance...no fuss, no swirls.

It is, it is actually #1 on the wax/sealants list. Personally I think Collinite 476 should be #1 on this list as it lasts longer, with the 845 being #2.
I have 2 applications of griots 3 in 1 on my truck, I'm going to try collinite 476 on top of that.

Back