Detail and Wax - Top Picks and Favorites Of Members On BITOG

Originally Posted by DC_Stewart
Has anyone tried Lucas Slick Mist? A local dealer just started handling it.

[Linked Image]

Nope. I wonder who makes it?

My favorites:

Wash: Adam's Car Shampoo

Wheel cleaner: P&S Brake Buster

Iron Decon: P&S Iron Buster

Clay: Poorboys

Compound: M110/3D One

Polish: M210/3D One

Wax: Dodo Juice Supernatural

Sealant: Jescar Powerlock+

Spray Sealant: P&S Beadmaker

Ceramic: Adam's UV

Glass: 3D Super

Interior: CG InnerClean

Tires: Coverall

Towels: Cobra edgeless

Pads: Buff and Shine MF

My faves in 2020:
Wash: Mothers California Gold

Wheels: Eagle 1 A to Z

Windows: damp microfiber

Drying aid: TW Wax n Dry

Spray Wax: ICE

Wax: Megs #26 or Mothers Cleaner Wax

Sealant: TW SNS

Tire shine: Mother's SPEED aerosol

Detail spray: Meguiars QD

Drying towel: Simoniz towel from Ollie's

Si02: NanoSkin spray and rinse

Leather: Mothers VLR

Interior: Meg's quick interior detailer

I have used nothing but Turtle Wax Ice products since they came out in 2006. Below is the hood of my 2008 Jeep in Steel Blue Metalic. It has endured Indiana winters with lots of road salt, and has never had a polish or clay, or anything else. Just Turtle Wax Ice, spray or paste, as they have evolved. The latest was Seal N Shine. The Ice products have always been quick and easy to apply and work on rubber, plastic, and stickers. They have always lasted long enough, and the latest iterations last even longer, especially Seal N Shine. (I've got 2 coats of Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray on my 2018 Jeep, but it hasn't been on there long.) There are no swirl marks and no build up of contaminants. I wish I could load this as a high res photo, but you get the idea. The stuff is just outstanding, IMHO. The Jeep still looks like new.

IMG_20200728_065536.jpg

Liquid Glass proven to work for decades, Advance Auto Parts sells it as they have an exclusive deal. I have used Liquid Glass on all my vehicles for years.

I have gone from TW Ice Spray Wax to Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax to TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer.
How do you like the 3 in 1 Detailer? When I use it on my motorcycle, it leaves it covered in lint from my microfibers. When I use ANY other detailer, no lint whatsoever. You should see how crappy the black and chrome on the bike looks after using the TW 3 in 1. Not hating on TW, love their stuff, but the 3 in 1 is letting me down. Might just find another "quickie detailer".

How do you like the 3 in 1 Detailer? When I use it on my motorcycle, it leaves it covered in lint from my microfibers. When I use ANY other detailer, no lint whatsoever. You should see how crappy the black and chrome on the bike looks after using the TW 3 in 1. Not hating on TW, love their stuff, but the 3 in 1 is letting me down. Might just find another "quickie detailer".
Sounds like you need better towels.

My Lexus is "Caviar," a light shade of black. There is a bit of the same problem that you have. I will soon move over to Griot's.

Back