Detail and Wax - Top Picks and Favorites Of Members On BITOG

Love the big spray bottles of Turtle wax spray as you dry.

I've been keeping both cars up with carwashes and spray wax only, they both bead nicely and look better than most cars on the road.

Is F11 any good ?
I see lots of ads on YouTube.

I have to admit I hate washing and waxing cars. Maintenance is more of a thing I enjoy doing.

I don't care for Turtle Wax waxes, but they have other products that work very well. I think their car wash solution is the best on the market. Their bug and tar remover works well too, and I love their chrome polish. Their waxes look nice, but they just don't last....

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Is F11 any good ?
I see lots of ads on YouTube.

I have to admit I hate washing and waxing cars. Maintenance is more of a thing I enjoy doing.

I'm just the opposite. I don't mind turning wrenches, but my thing is detailing...there's nothing like the feeling I get after just finishing a glass-like wax job on my car...

Degreaser?
Simple Green is amazing on vehicles. Doesn't matter where.
I dilute in a spray bottle and use on wheels and tires.
It's the most effective brake dust remover I've ever used.
Excellent degreaser under the hood as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by grampi
I don't care for Turtle Wax waxes, but they have other products that work very well. I think their car wash solution is the best on the market. Their bug and tar remover works well too, and I love their chrome polish. Their waxes look nice, but they just don't last....

I like Stoner's Tarminator a lot since you mentioned their Trim Shine before. Plus I think it works much better than the TW option. I'll have to try out Zip Wax shampoo sometime since I ran out of soap last year.

After researching sealants the last few weeks on Autopia/Autogeek:

1. Turtle Wax Shine N Seal
2. Meguiar's Soap
3. Mother's Speed Clay
4. Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer
5. Hyper-Dressing for Engine
6. Infinity Wax Rubber Wax

I'll likely add a wax in November, prior to winter, then layer TWSNS on top for added durability.

There are more auto care products on the market today than Carter has pills (showin' my age there). But here is what I'm using in 2019 for either my 2017 Accord EX-L V-6 MT (A) or my '95 Civic (C), or both (B), for what it's worth:

* Wash: Optimum No-Rinse (B). Once in a blue moon I'll use either Optimum Car Wash and a foamer, or Meguiar's Gold Class wash.
* Wax: Optimum Car Wax (A); Collinite 476s (C). I have PPF on (A) and paste wax does not play nicely with the PPF edges.
* Sealant: P&S Bead Maker (A). I just acquired some Jescar Power Lock and hope to apply it soon, using P&S Bead Maker as a topper.
* Drying aid: P&S Bead Maker (B) or Optimum Opti-Seal (B).
* Protectant: 303 (B).
* Leather: Lexol (A) or Optimum Leather Protectant (A). I like the smell of Lexol, IMO it makes the leather smell leathery again.
* Wheel/Tires: P&S Brake Buster (B).

In the miscellaneous category, I used 3D ONE polish on (C) a couple of weeks ago with a wool cutting pad and red polishing pad, and was impressed with the results. I have some Menzerna 3800 for jeweling (A) next year, probably after I retire.

Originally Posted by gofast182
^ you need to be careful with Simple Green on aluminum engine components in particular. The alkalinity can cause oxidation.
For aluminum, try Extreme Simple Green Aircraft Precision Cleaner.

I am very happy with...

--Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine.
--Meguiars Ultimate Wax Liquid.
--Meguiars Waterless Wheel and Tire.
--Microfiber Towels.

That's it.

Originally Posted by parmm
^ you need to be careful with Simple Green on aluminum engine components in particular. The alkalinity can cause oxidation.

The Simple Green Pro HD at The Home Depot is the retail market version of the same product dyed a different color. https://simplegreen.com/faqs/15/

[Linked Image]

This stuff goes on easy and comes off easy. Guy that used to live in CT told me about it and
said it was great for northern winters.

Last edited:
I know this stuff as Insulator wax. I ordered the Cleaner Wax yesterday. I hope it works as well as the stuff I used already.
I will run all off my future post through you to make sure I stay on topic.! Thank you the grand welcome !

Last edited:
Originally Posted by double vanos
I�m really liking Griots Rinseless car wash, works well and when made up as quick detailer it removes bugs splats easily. Also, Stoner trim shine makes short work of dealing with exterior trim, just spray and walk away.

Are you talking about Griots Speed Shine??? I really like it...

Also there Show Room Detailer... However Griots Speed shine.. WOW..... its like butter and its so fast.

Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection
I have found TW Ice spray wax to be very easy to use.

I really like Turtle wax ICE products.. The Carwash stuff is so slick and the ICE Detailer is great the the ICE Seal N Shine is awesome and there ICE Carnumba wax spary is great..

I was never a big fan of Turtle wax .. I mean I knew they were okay.. nothing great but no bad but the ICE Family of there products really impressed me and I have treid everthing

I really like there new Cermaic products that are making there way on the market.. You just cant beat the price.. There Cermaic Car wash I have not tried yet but I will.

I have to much Turtle Wax ICE Car Wash.. The purple Bottle.. Its SOOOOOOOOOO SLICK...

Originally Posted by doitmyself
Originally Posted by parmm

The Simple Green Pro HD at The Home Depot is the retail market version of the same product dyed a different color. https://simplegreen.com/faqs/15/

+1 Great for cleaning, especially aluminum which regular Simple Green might harm the surface.

Back