BITOG back online

Status
Not open for further replies.
@atikovi
I got this on every attempt. So cloudflare tells you what's going on. Long delays followed by this notice.

Screenshot_20230605-051800.jpg

How much money does it cost to have a Facebook page showing site outages?
Spending the site owner’s money, or time, which is just another facet of the same thing, for your convenience, when you contribute nothing, isn’t a great return on any investment, be it time or money.

In fact, it’s quite easily calculated. It’s zero.

Too much drama...
My website goes down often. Most do. This one has been unusually stellar.. it's really a nothing burger. As people said all you have to do is go to another site and when it loads promptly you know..

If you get booted you know it as you are allowed to plead your case and don't get the error page or pages...

If this forum gave an emergency admin email addy how many would actually keep it on file??? Few if any.
The owner and mods surely can contact each other and this was addressed promptly but not instantly possible to fix.

Pretty neat wake-up event eh?

Spending the site owner’s money, or time, which is just another facet of the same thing, for your convenience, when you contribute nothing, isn’t a great return on any investment, be it time or money.

In fact, it’s quite easily calculated. It’s zero.
Not sure what my convenience has to do with it. If bitog is down, there are hundreds of other sites I can visit. There are probably thousands of members here and a simple, "BITOG is currently off line, we are working on a solution and should be up soon." would take 30 seconds to post at an alternate site and would keep people informed of the situation.

Not sure what my convenience has to do with it. If bitog is down, there are hundreds of other sites I can visit. There are probably thousands of members here and a simple, "BITOG is currently off line, we are working on a solution and should be up soon." would take 30 seconds to post at an alternate site and would keep people informed of the situation.
You want someone else to do something for you, when you do nothing for them. 🤦‍♂️

Who, exactly is going to do that?

You?

Will you volunteer your time, be available 24/7/365 to monitor and the take care of that “easy” notification?

Of course not. You’ll use the site, contribute nothing, and expect other people to do the work.

I would think the fact that the site isn't loading is a pretty good sign that the site is off-line. Not sure someone needs to point out what some would call "the bleeding obvious".

Given how much the staff posts about outage fixes I'd feel pretty confident that, when the site is down, the staff is working to fix it.

How would people know to go to Facebook?
I think you have to first post it on MySpace. Not sure if that is still around, so maybe we need an email reflector instead? To be safe, we should set it up to have it accept faxes and pages, just in case.

[Side note: other day I dated myself at work. Meant to say "group email address" but called it an email reflector. I didn't get to live that down. Same darn idea.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back