BITOG ALL-STAR OILS 2002-2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a member for about a year and a half. These are what I consider to be the best oils in each respective viscosity.

Synthetic Xw-20 Mobil 1

Dino Xw-20 Motorcraft

Synthetic 0w-30 German Castrol

Synthetic 5w-30 Amsoil ASL

Dino 5w-30 Motorcraft/Pennzoil

Synthetic 10w-30 Mobil 1 Amsoil

Dino 10w-30 Chevron Supreme

Synthetic 5w-40 Redline

Dino 5w-40 Shell

Synthetic 0w-40 Mobil 1

Synthetic Xw-50 Mobil 1

I define best by performance (NOT JUST IN AN LS1 ENGINE
grin.gif
), cost, availability and consistancy. There are other very good oils I didn't list that some would but that is what makes it my opinion.
wink.gif

[ March 31, 2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

I think that Schaeffer's supreme should be in that list

Your probably right. I didn't put Schaeffer's on their bc I don't come across often and havn't seen much about it personally. It's definitely up there and is as good as any but I had a hard time placing it for some reason.

Buster, given the subjective nature of this thread....

I agree with most of your nominees for the golden can...er...bottle award, just my 2 cents worth...

M1 SUV 5w-40/Delvac rather than the 0w-40

Delo 400 15w-40, another vote for best dino

Schaeffer's Blend, in the blend column

and Supertech for cheapest-but-somehow-it-works-okay oil.

heres an idea, how about only oils which are readily available? anything thats generally mail order or exotic hard to get (amsoil gc, redline, schaffers) the majority of people do not run.

i vote for pennzoil long life

I am not sure I would exclude mail order oils. I love being able to wonder into Wally's, Advance Auto, Auto Zone, etc. and grab some PZ any day of the week, 24 hours a day at Wal-Mart.

On the other hand, if I decided the 12mo/25,000mi was real, I am sure a number of people on this board would be happy to see to it, I had plenty in a few days. If I only had to go through it once a year, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I can plan ahead when I have to. Besides, what is one more week?

quote:

You like to open a can of worms ona daily basis, don't ya?!?!

Hey, I included many brands in my choices.
grin.gif
I think each oil maker makes at least one really good viscosity grade.

There is no doubt that for the price the Amsoil full syntheti 15W-40 is the best value and the best oil out there. Totally missed your list" ........bah.......BS list....

Amsoil 15w-50, some Schaeffer's should be on the list. This is my list, others opinions will and do vary.
grin.gif

Mike, I was thinking the same, but I want to see a few UOA's first. This oil looks very good though.
cheers.gif

Has anyone tried the Canadian synthetic "MotrLube" to compare with these "all-stars?" Think their advertising a 10W-40, and 15W-40 on thier web.

I'm using Motrlube in my minivan. It's worked very well for me. I used Mobil 1 and other synthetics in the vehicle before this but this stuff has inceased my fuel milage and runs very well even thru the winter with -30C starts. I'm a 1K Km away from 16K Km and will be sending in the 10K Mile UOA. The truth will then be told about this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back