Bird C*rap

Well it is finally spring here in ENC and the mocking birds are back. My vehicles have a mystical attraction to them and they leave their markings liberally all over the paint. One especially enthusiastic bird dove on me and dropped a torpedo right on my hat. How to keep them away?

Affirmation to Gary Larson;

Is this really how birds see us?
1615587958367.jpg

Heh, you think that's bad... try living between two ponds, where there are dozens of geese that fly back and forth between them a few times a day. I keep a spray bottle of windshield washer fluid handy and a hose reel nearby, temperature permitting. They tend to avoid me though, maybe they know they better not directly piss me off because sometimes instead of flying, they walk through my property to get from one pond to the other, especially with chicks in late spring.

geese.jpg

Last edited:
Well it is finally spring here in ENC and the mocking birds are back. My vehicles have a mystical attraction to them and they leave their markings liberally all over the paint. One especially enthusiastic bird dove on me and dropped a torpedo right on my hat. How to keep them away?

Affirmation to Gary Larson;

Is this really how birds see us?
View attachment 49046
When I lived in Tampa, FL. we had A LOT of seagulls around.
I went to WM one day and as I opened my door to get out of my truck a seagull crapped onto the interior part of my window/door! It went down into the inside of my door. I wiped off the window and door sill. When I returned home I had to remove my interior door skin to clean the crap that slithered down into my door.
I HATE SEAGULLS! :mad:

The birds seem to choose shiny cars at random.

I sometimes wonder the diet of these birds... Purple and yellow the droppings are, sometimes. Don't let that dry or it will be harder to take off...

I genuinely feel bad for some of the cars I've seen pooped on by birds. Some are.. really, really bad.

Back