Bing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried Bing, Microsoft's answer to Google?

It's surprisingly good, definitely in the same class as Google and better than anything that might be in third place.

It will be good for us for Google to have some serious competition.

I like Bing a lot! It is by far the best looking search engine I have ever seen from Microsoft. All of their stuff in the past was lame. It is beautiful!

+1, my first thought was where did this come from" It sure doesn't look like a Microsoft product.

I don't doubt that MS has or can buy sufficient talent to do a 1st class search engine, what blew me away was that it could get out of MS corporate looking that good.

When it can't find what you are looking for does it present you with a Blue Screen of Death?
LOL.gif

Thanks for posting... Hadn't heard of it... Will check it out!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
When it can't find what you are looking for does it present you with a Blue Screen of Death?
LOL.gif

crackmeup2.gif

If it weren't for the "© 2009 Microsoft" in the lower right corner you would never guess it's an MS product.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: StevieC
LOL.gif

crackmeup2.gif

If it weren't for the "© 2009 Microsoft" in the lower right corner you would never guess it's an MS product.

So now they are importing from China eh? When will it end?
LOL.gif

I used it a few times when it was called live.com and was giving 30% cash back on eBay.com. Have not tried it lately. But I think there are still some lower level discounts like 10-12% at some places.

Yes, it does seem to be more logical than Google oftentimes when you are trying to search for something in particular. Goggle gives you a trillion hits but Bing seems to often get closer to where you need to go. Plus Bing is really great looking too.

I agree that Bing Cosby is surprisingly good as Google.

I like the fact that the U.S. flag was displayed on Bing yesterday where Google had nothing.

MS has a good thing going. Hopefully it won't get mired with in-fighting politics behind the scenes in Redmond.

Somebody at Microsoft was thinking when they developed Bing. It is really beautiful and so far searching seems to be often more effecive than Google. I also like that the American flag was displayed. The sad thing is probably a lot of people will never even check it out. Everybody is used to going to Google or sometimes Yahoo.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm liking Bing a lot. I'm using it as my main search engine in Opera.

Previously, I found that Google and Live Search gave more or less identical results. Type in a search and they would give you the same list of sites. The look being the only difference. This takes it up a notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back