billy mays dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's shocker. He's been on some show recently where they have a competition among pitchmen. I'd say he was the most recognizable, starting with Oxi-Clean.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Wow, that's shocker. He's been on some show recently where they have a competition among pitchmen. I'd say he was the most recognizable, starting with Oxi-Clean.

I saw him do an ESPN commerical the other day. Now found dead. Makes me think to last month when I saw Danny Gans do the Larry King live show, then two days later he was found dead too. hmmm

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
OxyClean-white robes in heaven for that guy. RIP. Great salesman, great personality.

I wander if sully killed him?

Their was conflict on pitchman
whistle.gif

No, but I will miss him screamimg at me through tv to buy something.

What a loss.
he was sure better that MJ who just died

RIP Billy

That sucks - I really liked watching his infomercials. I'm pretty sure all his scripts were in CAPITALS. I read an interview with him once where he said he shouted because he got his start as a street side hawker of goods. He struck me as a self-made guy. Anyway, RIP.

Edit: yeah, here it is from the obit:
Mays developed his style demonstrating knives, mops and other "as seen on TV" gadgets on Atlantic City's boardwalk. For years he worked as a hired gun on the state fair and home show circuits, attracting crowds with his booming voice and genial manner.

Who will the Jabooody Dubs guys make fun of now? Their funniest dubs where the ones where they spoofed Billy Mays!
frown.gif

I'm sure he was a great guy, but sorry, I will NOT miss his commercials. Hated them.

May his family and friends find comfort in their time of grief.

I misread the topic header as "Billy Mays Dyed." On second thought, maybe the black hair coloring agent he so liberally used on his head and beard did him in.

Heard he had an object hit him in the head when a tire blew upon landing in Tampa yesterday. Maybe he had head trauma and didn't realize it. I also read he grew up outside Pittsburgh-just a regular Joe who caught a lucky break. RIP

now I can finally turn up the volume on my TV, because he won't be screaming at me any more. Most anoying voice in the world. But RIP anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back