Bill Ford steps down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't the kids or grandkids typically ruin their family fortunes?
smile.gif

Hopefully Ford will go in a postive direction.

Hopefully Alan Mulally will help Ford out. He is a very smart guy. It is clear from their stock prices Ford badly needed a change at the top.

From Seattle to Chicago to Dearborn, hmm... instant cost of living pay raise (for now).

Seriously, I think the street will like the move.

Hopefully him stepping down would bring in a better leader for Ford. Ford is a capable company backed up by loyal buyers and good amount of global assets.

What if Bill went to Boeing? Would 777's have to be recalled because their cruise controls, sorry, autopilots, caused fires?

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
Is Bill Ford Edsel's kid?

Bill Ford, or William Clay Ford Jr, is the son of William Clay Ford Sr. William Clay Ford Sr and Henry Ford II are sons of Edsel, and grandsons of the original Henry Ford. Edsel Ford II is the son of Henry Ford II.

So Bill and Edsel II are grandsons of the original Edsel Ford, who died at a young age in 1943. Thats was a shame, as I think he would have made major contributions to the automotive world without his dad interference.

Heres a tree:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Ford#Henry_Ford.27s_-_Family_tree

Starting to wonder if this is just window dressing to please Wall Street. Almost sounds like Ford will still be running the business from behind the curtains. More or less just changing figure heads?

"This is only going to work if Alan and I are on the same page," he said. "This is a partnership. We'll be working very closely on all these issues.
"I'll be here every day," Ford added. "This will be my life's pursuit." Source

The Fusion gets pretty good ratings at Edmunds.com.

No, it does not bother me that it uses the same radio that the rest of the Ford vehicles use. In fact that particular radio leads me to believe someone actually paid attention to the fact that it might be operated while driving 75MPH on a busy highway.

FoMoCo hasn't had an effective, innovative CEO since the days of Phil Caldwell, Don Peterson and Red Poling, when Ford revolutionized the styling norms and even out-earned GM for a time. Heady days.

Too many bean counters and corporate stepfords thereafter have sucked the lifeblood from this once great company. And it shows in the dull, unexciting vehicles they now make, with the sole exception of the Mustang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back