Bighorn Sheep vs Toyoya 4Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
crackmeup2.gif

Should have pushed back and honked the horn.

That is so awesome! What a beatiful, fearless animal!

Man, they are such 'tough' animals - "this is MY territory, and you're leaving...that's it, just keep backing up....what's that, you want some, HEY, YOU WANT SOME, PUNK?!"

That's funny, I used to work at a zoo for a summer job and for some reason we had to help move a few of sheep, one took a run at a big chainlink fence gate and broke the a hinge... I imagine a few real hits might take out the rad on some cars. Some rams are 400+lbs

I wouldn't doubt for a second that a Ram like this could take out a car rad. Heck, a really angry one could probably render a car undriveable....

I've always known that domesticated sheep are the DUMBEST animals that exist... any animal that will eat itself to death unless you limit its food supply really makes you wonder. But I had no idea their wild ancestors were just as bad.

Beautiful animals, but I guess their skulls are so thick there's no room left for brain cells.

I've had two bad experiences in my lifetime with hooved animals.

1. 1971, worked at the Dallas Zoo in the hooved animal section. From time to time we would need to catch one of the Bighorns on display to trim their hooves. The way we did it was take a small team in to the area and try and separate the one we wanted from the herd, throw a rope around him and hang on. Well, they roped one and at ropes length he started running in a circle and as I turned to get out of the way he lowered his head and caught me full force in the butt. I still do not remember my trip to the hospital.

2. 1982, I had a brand new VW Rabbit Diesel and took my kids to the International Wildlife Park outside of Dallas. While stuck in traffic being held up by a small herd of bison, two of the big bulls decided they wanted to fight while standing next to my car. One of them hit my car so hard it caved in the left rear quarter panel and knocked off the rear bumper. Had a hard time explaining that one to my insurance company. Darn car still had the paper temporary tags on it as it was only two days old.

Only problem I've had with an animal was a long horn on the Terryal River in CO. That big steak charged us off the stream and all the way back to the car. I've never even had problems with Buffalo while fishing CO streams, and they are kind of notorious for going after humans.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
That is so awesome! What a beautiful, fearless animal!
Man, they are such 'tough' animals - "this is MY territory, and you're leaving...that's it, just keep backing up....what's that, you want some, HEY, YOU WANT SOME, PUNK?!"

Tough critters, fer sure... Ever see those videos of them fighting during mating season. Phew!!!
crazy2.gif

She probably spent all day backing away from him. She shoulda kept close to him by inching forward right after one of his lunges and slowly sped up until he was forced to turn and run. But if he'd had the chance to lunge and make contact, it woulda been bye-bye headlight, grille, or radiator.

Probably the rut season. He's hoped up on testosterone and looking for a territorial fight. Probably real proud of himself because he got a bigger "male" to back down...

Looked to me that it was disappointed that the Toy didn't respond to the challenge. I mean, it was sorta like love taps hoping for a game of "top this". It wanted the Toy to do a wheelie and go horn to horn with it. I didn't see it as overt aggression.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Looked to me that it was disappointed that the Toy didn't respond to the challenge. I mean, it was sorta like love taps hoping for a game of "top this". It wanted the Toy to do a wheelie and go horn to horn with it. I didn't see it as overt aggression.

Yeah the guy filming it probably didn't want those PETA buggers on his arse. Those people are nuts!
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Probably the rut season. He's hoped up on testosterone and looking for a territorial fight. Probably real proud of himself because he got a bigger "male" to back down...

The rutting season is in the Fall, Bighorns usually breed between October and December. The date on that video said this was in May.
He was probably just having a good time thinking he was making the truck back down. making the truck back away.
Nice horns.

Originally Posted By: MarkC

He was probably just having a good time thinking he was making the truck back down. making the truck back away.

Would have been a much different outcome if the Toy had been a Cummins or a Powerstroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back