bigger filter for 95 camry..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if yours is the Vee-6 (3VZ-FE) variety but check to see if yours can take 3614 (that's what my wifey's 93 camry used).

Q.

Have you tried the ST3600? The gasket is a little bigger ..but it's a lot longer.
21.gif

IF there's a ST2840 (it's Champ's PH2840) that would be the same as the Wix 51396

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Have you tried the ST3600? The gasket is a little bigger ..but it's a lot longer.
So this should fit then,besides the gasket being bigger?

When you go to get the filter, grab the OEM size and the 3600/FL400/whatever and match them up. You'll hardly be able to detect the difference in gasket size. From that point, it's just handling the length. I don't know the orientation of your filter, but if longer isn't going to cause issues, you should be good to go.

Edit: Let me just add that I've xref'd tons of filters in my tour here. In some cases the 2.4/2.2 gasket filter from Donaldson xref's to a 2.7/2.4 filter from WIX or a 2.8/2.4 from Purolator ..or the other way around. In those applications, those filter man's don't see the problem.

Is their really any benefit to running over size filters though?? I mean why didnt they (from the factory)just use the bigger filter in the first place??

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Is their really any benefit to running over size filters though?? I mean why didn't they (from the factory)just use the bigger filter in the first place??
costs perhaps? penny-pinching accountants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back