Big thumbs up to Harbor Freight

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the owner and founder, Eric Smidt:

We've decided to donate our entire supply of the personal protective equipment items listed below to front line hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms in the communities served by our stores.

• N95 Masks
• Face Shields
• 5 and 7 mil Nitrile Gloves

although we certainly won't have enough of these supplies to fill everyone's needs, we're going to donate everything we've got. We also recognize that there are so many other critically important people responding to this crisis and that there is need everywhere. We've chosen to focus our efforts on hospitals with a 24 hour emergency room with the hope that we can help as many people as possible right now.

Link for hospitals

The obligatory
laugh.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Silverado12
As well he should. I've been preaching buying American for almost 40 years. This is another unintended consequence of "globalization".

Yep.

Upstanding company. Good to see a smaller company stepping up. Thank you Harbor Freight.

Originally Posted by Silverado12
As well he should. I've been preaching buying American for almost 40 years. This is another unintended consequence of "globalization".

When this immediate event is over I think you'll be seeing a lot more tools and such made in the USA and Canada.

So a company who purchases and sells nearly 98% of its products from China now donates those Chinese made products to fight the China virus....too little too late IMO. If HF wants to impress me start buying and selling American made products.

Originally Posted by Mike L. V.
So a company who purchases and sells nearly 98% of its products from China now donates those Chinese made products to fight the China virus....too little too late IMO. If HF wants to impress me start buying and selling American made products.

I don't think anyone doubts that there will be a dramatic turnaround in manufacturing once this event is over or controlled.

The big winners in the end will be those that manufacture in the USA and Canada.

Originally Posted by dishdude
Hopefully more companies will step up and do the same.

Apple is donating 1M masks to CA; perhaps 1M more to other states.
Tesla is donating 250K masks to CA and converting a line to make ventilators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back