Big seller, premix 50:1 in a 5 gallon can

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is amazing that the Ace Hardware store in our town sells the [censored] out of the VP Small Engine premix fuel. They get $100 a can for it. They say that the local college and farms like it because there is no issues with workers mixing the wrong ratio. I guess this might be the next new market to get into.

$20/gallon for premixed 50:1?!? Wow...

Although, it's likely cheaper than purchasing a new $300-400 trimmer every season, plus the cost of the downtime.

Do you people realize how long 5 gallons of this stuff would last!! That is ALOT of premix!

I could make 5 gallons of premix and send it out for closer to the price of one gallon of this stuff.

Heck, if it's a problem, just make pre-mix and tell the team to fuel everything with it!

I bet the same folks who can't figure out how to mix 50:1 want top pay!

SMH at all of this.

No ethanol, 94 octane, nice fuel! You could buy a brand new 5 gallon gas can, gas, quart of premix and be around $50. You could use a brand new quart of mix oil and pour only the 13 ounces in and throw the rest away. Even throwing away the gas can every time is a huge savings compared to this.

I wonder if I could do just that. Buy a bunch of 5 gallon cans, use the 93 octane pure gas we have here at the one station for $3.84 a gallon and mix up the 50:1 mix and sell it?

Y'all are forgetting the dispenser that fits this can and keeps it from glugging all over the place. Also the flammables cabinet and whatever they tie it off in the truck with.

I buy the same VP sef by the 5 gallon pail for $62.00 I just use 4stroke and mix my own the way I want it and use the 4stroke fuel straight up in various small OPE that calls for 4stroke fuel it is the best fuel for air cooled OPE period.

This stuff isnt corner store pump gas with some oil thrown in....its the real deal made from scratch no ethanol gasoline...good stuff...made right here in san antonio...dont knock it till ya tried it....quality costs $$$.

Originally Posted By: DSparks
This stuff isnt corner store pump gas with some oil thrown in....its the real deal made from scratch no ethanol gasoline...good stuff...made right here in san antonio...dont knock it till ya tried it....quality costs $$$.

But what needs 94 octane that is even close to stock? If you have some crazy race motor, built for 94 octane, sure I guess this might make sense. But for anything else, why bother, even my 180hp/L YZ250 only needs 91 octane, and any OPE is not nearly as tuned as that. My "hot rod" 372xp saw only needs 89 octane for its 75hp/L, although 91 is recommended.

Agreed. They market it for "small engines" but I doubt that many people buy it for their OPE. I've used their race fuel in my snowmobile, contrary to my better judgment, but I haven't tried the premix.

Originally Posted By: DSparks

I'm sure it's nice but I can buy pure toluene for under $20/ gal that has no ethanol and is 115 octane.

No one is doubting it's a great product. The question is is it worth $20/gallon?

If it is, buy it. If not, I can buy a lot of metal fuel cans, fill and mix them for a lot less.

A lot of places it is hard to find pure gas. I would be OK paying $20 for a one gallon can for emergence chain saw use. The $62 price for 5 gallons would be doable for this quality of 2-cycle fuel. Mixing oil/gas is rocket science for some.
smile.gif

There is no need to get uptight over trying to find pure gas in your area, or for paying exorbitant prices for it. You can make your own for a lot less than $20 a gallon:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2749602

I make pure gas by washing the alcohol out of it with water. I use this gas for all my OPE, including my 2-stroke mix. I figure the finished product costs around $4 a gallon. I've been doing it this way for two years with no problems.

At the new Wawa gas stations in Florida. You can buy non-ethanol 89 gas. It has its own separate gas nozzle like diesel. Its about .60 a gallon more than regular 87. Which is still good. I guess is still really good compared to what the marinas charge. Cheaper to produce and sells for more, the world we live in thanks to the enivoturds.

aviation gas, high octane and no methanol but it has lead

always starts after long periods of sleep

smells good too

usually 6 bucks or so a gallon here in new bedford mass airport but have not purchased in a while so price might be different

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back