Big Rig racing crashes.

I can just hear it now, driver nine to driver one, "My attorney will be calling your attorney."

Let's take vehicles with a very high center of gravity and a lot of horsepower and race them around a track with sharp turns. I mean, like what could go wrong with that?

Or the scene in the Steve Martin movie Parenthood "Thats a job for me, Crash Dummy." I tried to find a YouTube clip of it to link but no luck.

Last edited:
I would not want to be those guys in a cab over. You're feet are the first thing to the scene of the accident.
So are F1 and Indy car drivers (Feet first that is).

Slower speeds, tons of cage around them, the guys in the trucks are pretty safe......

Unless the water cooling system for the brakes fail, then you're probably going to smack something hard.

I wonder of those trucks have spent a long life on the roads and were just on their way to scrap yards when people buy them slap a cheap coat of paint on them and drive them on a track that is an equivalent of a demo derby.

I wonder of those trucks have spent a long life on the roads and were just on their way to scrap yards when people buy them slap a cheap coat of paint on them and drive them on a track that is an equivalent of a demo derby.
Purpose-built race machines with some stock components.

Last edited:
All I can think when seeing these trucks racing is….why? I’m all for going fast in random stuff but it seems like a lot of catastrophic wrecks for the amount of races. That first one was coming in real hot!

All I can think when seeing these trucks racing is….why? I’m all for going fast in random stuff but it seems like a lot of catastrophic wrecks for the amount of races. That first one was coming in real hot!
I'm exactly the opposite. Why not? We race all sorts of things that aren't 'built' for it.

I'd love to give one a go for a few laps.

Same but I bet those are automatics. Throw in a set of sticks lol
The trucks? Nope, they're required to have the full 18-speed transmission with all the gears in it, but only use 2 of them during the race. They are governed to 160km/h and make 4400+ lb/ft of torque, so they don't need much gearing.

Last edited:
When I saw the thread title I thought it would be about the Reaume Brothers hauler crash today in Atlanta. The driver tried to leave the track through the wrong tunnel.

Back