big car crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
a bad car crash in Wichita. Sunday 2 am. 3 die, 2 in hospital, 1 runner caught. many people got to gather to morn Sun afternoon. less than 1/2 mile from house. large suv ran red light was speeding and drinking. thats why i dont go out late.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Yep. Stay off the road late at night on the weekends.

Fundamentally, I agree with you, but it's easier said than done for many. Second and third shift workers routinely run the roads late at night (even weekends, depending on the job) and really can't avoid the situation without finding alternate employment. I've even known parents where one works first and the other works second or third because they couldn't afford child care.

This is why I drive farrrrr right on the lines every weekend night on the way home from work.... we had 2 casualties this weekend and the drunk guy survived, they need to be taken in front of a fire squad.

Yeah working nights you get a lot
drunks out on the way home.
Best was a young guy coming up at me on an off ramp.
Wouldn't let him get past me,
Am I going the wrong way? He drunkenly asked.

Working in an level 1 trauma center, there is no doubt Saturday and Sunday mornings after midnight are the busiest and deadliest days. Eliminate alcohol from the scene and volume would drop by 80%. That includes accidents, shootings, falls and other sorts of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back