Bidets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering one for my wife as a Mother’s Day gift.

The Toto K300 and Bio Bidet BB-2000 are the top contenders.

Does anyone have experience with either brand and/or model?

Is the unlimited hot water feature (similar to a tankless water heater) worth the extra price over the reservoir system found in lower-end models?

Thanks!

I would not go full gonzo on a high priced bidet just yet. Instead, I would buy her a less expensive model to start with. They sell them for $30-$50 on Amazon and are easy to install. I have two different ones and they both work good. The reason that I say this is because some people don't like them and refuse to use them (my wife), although I can't understand why. Heated water is nice but unnecessary IMO.

I don't know anything about the products on your wish list. But, I installed a Toto toilet in the public restroom at my workplace due to the solid reputation of the company and I have not been disappointed. Maybe visit the Terry Love plumbing website to learn more. Site owner Terry is a superb master plumber with lots of experience and his site attracts high quality pro and DIY thread discussion. Maybe even post your question there.

I don't know anything about the products on your wish list. But, I installed a Toto toilet in the public restroom at my workplace due to the solid reputation of the company and I have not been disappointed. Maybe visit the Terry Love plumbing website to learn more. Site owner Terry is a superb master plumber with lots of experience and his site attracts high quality pro and DIY thread discussion. Maybe even post your question there.
I have 4 of them in a 1999 build.
Never had to do anything to them mechanically since... Nothing...
Great products.

My kids went to town with fixing Marina's bedroom so she'd be comfortable recuperating from back surgery. SIL bought her a heated seat/bidet. I had time and a 3 day window to install. The install went slowly but without a hitch.

The Toto in OP's post is just a toilet seat with Bidet feature not the whole toilet.
It should be good.
At that price, you can probably buy her a whole toilet. LOL!!!

I am not sure how durable is the hot water feature.

Giving your wife a bidet or heated toilet seat on Mother's Day is like giving her a blender or vacuum cleaner on her birthday or buying her that socket set you want for Christmas.
I disagree. In my case, sometime early on in my marriage of 45 years, we grew beyond the idea of fluff gifts and moved to things that we truly appreciated and would make life more pleasant beyond a few days. In addition to the practical, useful gift, one can still waste money on a nice card and cheap flowers from Kroger (they all wither and die, no matter where purchased).

We are farm people and are cut from a different cloth. We never bought in to the trinkets that supposedly symbolize love. To each their own.

I disagree. In my case, sometime early on in my marriage of 45 years, we grew beyond the idea of fluff gifts and moved to things that we truly appreciated and would make life more pleasant beyond a few days. In addition to the practical, useful gift, one can still waste money on a nice card and cheap flowers from Kroger (they all wither and die, no matter where purchased).

We are farm people and are cut from a different cloth. We never bought in to the trinkets that supposedly symbolize love. To each their own.
Just a different approach, I've been married for 47 years. Early on we decided that if we needed a bidet or blender or such things we would buy them. For days when gifts are the norm we would give something special that the other would like and I don't means cards, flowers, etc. For the past 35-years we have been the primary caregivers to a severely disabled adult child. We don't get to do much. For us something special is a nice dinner out, a day in NYC, maybe a Broadway show or a concert. These things are for whenever we have the opportunity and not just "special" days. They happen once or twice a year although we haven't had one in quite a while with the pandemic.

I did hear that there was a controversy at Google because they're apparently removing their bidet seats from their toilets, even though they were popular. The stated reason is because they're switching to recycled water that doesn't necessarily meet health standards for direct washing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back