Bicyclists run over by teen rolling coal

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Bikes are fun to ride recreationally or exercise at your discretion. Forced to use them to commute on all roads, all traffic, in all states of cold and rain/snow/ice, not so much. Only a masochist does that.

I don't know what the rolling coal has to do with anything other than to make the stupid kid look worst than he was. Ever since I was a kid I noticed how the media twisted peoples thoughts via their reporting style.

It would show recklessness and a disregard for the safety of others. It's legally considered assault in and of itself just like if someone was sprayed with some noxious chemical. But really the big deal is that it's reckless to intentionally get that close. Reports were that he slowed down just to spray the group with more exhaust.

It's pretty obvious that he got close enough to the pack of bicyclists just so that he could eject exhaust on them. That was him specifically putting them in a dangerous situation just so he could get off his lame prank.

^ Yeah, the question is whether he was really doing that, or just had excessive exhaust and was taunting the cyclists without trying to blast them with exhaust, or had excessive exhaust as just a byproduct of prior bad life choices and was being taunted by or blocked in by the cyclists so was slowing down and speeding up looking to get around them as they kept boxing him in. As previously mentioned I still wonder how any managed to be directly in front of him rather than to the right of him.

I really can't trust at all, the eyewitness account by a fellow cycling buddy. It's bound to be biased but even so, if you can't keep your exhaust clean but rather go to extra measures for some redneck filthy outcome, and can't wait to courteously pass and instead push the issue in a big truck against cyclists no less, odds are you've committed assault against them one way or another even if it's a bad reaction to them boxing you in trying to be SJW's. At the same time, he's a 16 y/o kid who probably has no concept of responsibility, and yet he'll learn soon enough.

Normally I wouldn't even consider this last SJW option but have seen much video evidence of it from kids on motorcycles, a mob of them that didn't like that anyone wanted to pass them, and people have been acting very strangely in the past 5 years or so. It's Trump's Fault. ;)

Last edited:
It's a divided highway, two lanes in each direction. There are no statements from anyone that bicycle riders prevented the truck from using the left or "passing" lane.

Kids do dumb stuff until they are educated about the consequences. I did and so did you. It was my parents who educated me about consequences. Took a belt and many willow switches and a lot of groundings. Even then I still did dumb stuff, but I was more careful and aware of the consequences. So there was a LOT of dumb stuff I never did. Thank you to my parents for all the education. I had a friend that enjoyed splashing pedestrians during hard rains. This was over 50 years ago, kind of the 60's version of coal rolling. He never ran into anyone, but he did get the wrong person, and received special high intensity training from his dad. To bad this kid never knew Chuck's dad, there would be no repeat offenses.

Not every kid has wonderful folks like I had. It is sad that the law is pretty much limited to incarceration, not rehabilitation. Civil penalties on his parents may get them interested in helping to educate their kid.

The EPA is making it ever harder and harder to defeat emission controls. There was a time when emissions make vehicles run poorly. This is no longer true, except in the case of some diesels driven on short trips.

Some kids are slow learners, and will need to be incarcerated. Hopefully with good rehabilitations this number will be small.

Rod

Kids do dumb stuff until they are educated about the consequences. I did and so did you. It was my parents who educated me about consequences. Took a belt and many willow switches and a lot of groundings. Even then I still did dumb stuff, but I was more careful and aware of the consequences. So there was a LOT of dumb stuff I never did. Thank you to my parents for all the education. I had a friend that enjoyed splashing pedestrians during hard rains. This was over 50 years ago, kind of the 60's version of coal rolling. He never ran into anyone, but he did get the wrong person, and received special high intensity training from his dad. To bad this kid never knew Chuck's dad, there would be no repeat offenses.

Not every kid has wonderful folks like I had. It is sad that the law is pretty much limited to incarceration, not rehabilitation. Civil penalties on his parents may get them interested in helping to educate their kid.

The EPA is making it ever harder and harder to defeat emission controls. There was a time when emissions make vehicles run poorly. This is no longer true, except in the case of some diesels driven on short trips.

Some kids are slow learners, and will need to be incarcerated. Hopefully with good rehabilitations this number will be small.

Rod
The age old question - can we fix "stupid"?

Rod
What does rolling coal have to do with the kid running over the bike riders? Again I ask.

Rolling coal and running over the bike riders are two different things . Does Rolling coal [stupid] cause the driver to run over bikes? Do all coal rollers run over bike riders? I love how the media reports with an agenda. For example pay attention to how news readers report gun crimes .

Is any of the media's reporting unbiased? We have already made the kid guilty because he rolled coal and reading the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back