Bicyclists run over by teen rolling coal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a strange summer... I've been cycling on the road for 25 years, and up until now only the occasional jerk who swerves too close to us or something. But this summer, someone has rolled coal on us just about every other outing. IDK if that makes someone feel like a man? He can push his right foot down on the pedal? Wow.

How was the driver not arrested at the scene?
I'm guessing because he didnt flee. I am surprised as well.
Killing somebody by mistake isn't necessarily criminal. Years ago, the inattentive driver who killed my brother wasn't arrested on the scene, or ever. If the driver didn't flee the scene, its shows some level of good faith and they have all his information. They have to investigate to determine whether it was a tragic mistake, or something else. They may end up arresting the driver, or not, depending on the investigation.

This was a strange summer... I've been cycling on the road for 25 years, and up until now only the occasional jerk who swerves too close to us or something. But this summer, someone has rolled coal on us just about every other outing. IDK if that makes someone feel like a man? He can push his right foot down on the pedal? Wow.
Only the little high school rejects with low self esteem do crap like this to make themselves feel better about their pathetic lives. Short guys with mullets, wearing wife beaters and factory-frayed Caterpillar baseballs caps is what I'm envisioning.

Killing somebody by mistake isn't necessarily criminal. Years ago, the inattentive driver who killed my brother wasn't arrested on the scene, or ever. If the driver didn't flee the scene, its shows some level of good faith and they have all his information. They have to investigate to determine whether it was a tragic mistake, or something else. They may end up arresting the driver, or not, depending on the investigation.
but even if the mistake isn't criminal the result can still be jail time after the trial.

Since he intentionally used his vehicle to cause harm,would he be charged with assault? Kind’ve like if he walked up and sprayed a harmful chemical on someone. That’s the best analogy I can think of.
This is an interesting question. I should discuss with my wife as a lawyer! But yeah I mean you have to prove intent to harm so he didn’t necessarily intend to run them over but it is clear he intended to blow smoke all over them. This could be interesting (if he’s charged)

So weird. I haven’t had that happen yet. And arguably I’ve been lazy this year with riding, shame on me, but last year I had a young guy in the passenger seat of a beater truck, probably some high school kid, call me the N word as they passed me. I should note I’m clearly white

I'm guessing that once the responders determined that he wasn't under the influence, they did not have enough to justify an arrest on the spot pending further investigation. I also guess, and hope, that charges will be filed if justified.

Oh, and rolling coal is the height of idiocy...reasonable burnouts are fun and show power, rolling coal shows what? A chip and a poorly tuned engine?? Intentionally directing the cloud towards someone should be considered assault.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that once the responders determined that he wasn't under the influence, they did not have enough to justify an arrest on the spot, pending further investigation. I guess, and hope, that charges will be filed if justified.

Oh, and rolling coal is the height of idiocy...burnouts are fun and show power, rolling coal shows what? A chip and a poorly tuned engine?? Intentionally directing the cloud towards someone should be considered assault.
Couldn’t agree more.
Also cool airplane! I got my license 15 years ago in a Cherokee 160. Haven’t flown since though ☹️ Life…

Humans need to be kind to humans. What is wrong with these kids.

Slow down, move over if you can.

If you want to beat the brakes off your truck by all means on a back road... homeboy do your thing. But be considerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back