BG MOA Oil Supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any one use a Bg MOA oil supplement with there oil. I use M1. Would it be a good idea to put it in with my next oil change. I have 75,000 mile on my 2.0 liter and it has a little bit of piston slap on start up. Would this oil supplement help at all.

Mobil 1 is an excellent oil, generally highly regarded---with the exception of some board members who are convinced that it is formulated with lesser base stocks. At any rate, it has proven itself over the years to rank very high. In my opinion, there is absolutely no need to add MOA oil supplement. It may be of some value when added to bottom of the line non-synthetics.

Is there a VOA of the MOA??
laugh.gif

I used it consistently in my 95 BMW M3 for many years at the recommendation of my mechanic (who raced BMW's). The only thing I know for certain is that when running dino 20W-50 year round it quited my lifter ticking. Since switching to synthetic, I haven't really paid it much attention, but am planning to do a UOA with and without it in the near future.

BG is a snake oil company. It is one of the better snake oil companies, but snake oil none the less. MOA is probably their flagship product, or perhaps formally so as 44K seems to be predominate now.

No matter just how good it is, the fact remains that you probably don't need it, especially with Mobil 1.

Like I said, it is one of the better snake oil companies.

When properly used, many such chemicals can be very useful and beneficial. That doesn't mean that it is a good idea to use them routinely and frequently.

Well, I am going to put it to the test. I love testing! I So first round (after my 1000 left on my ARX rinse phase) = fresh GC Green for 5000 miles, then GC green + MOA for 5000 miles.

Or has MOA actually been tested in a UOA before, I couldn't find that.

When properly used, many such chemicals can be very useful and beneficial. That doesn't mean that it is a good idea to use them routinely and frequently.

I agree with Big Jim's statement on the use of chemicals and additives. I just joined after looking at this site over the last 5 months or so and that is probably what I have gotten most out of it. What product am I selecting and what is the expected results whether it is for preventive maintenance or a solution to a problem. I think I have spent a bit too much for products that probably IMO did not hurt anything, but really were not necessary to use so frequently. BG makes great products IMO, but are at the higher end of the cost scale.

I have used BG MOA along with BG44K and the BG Quick Engine Flush. Currently have BG MOA in 2 older (1990 and 1995) Toyotas with Castrol 10W30 dino oil. Hard for me to really know how much it has helped, but seems to have stopped the burning of oil in the Corolla.

I have a 2800 Mile sample from a 2004 Neon 2.0L SOHC with 43K on the ODO out to Blackstone today.

It was 5 Quarts of Havoline non Deposit Shield Dino and BG MOA.

We shall see. It is also my first UOA so don't know how much it will help.

Now on to Amsoil and then I saw the new EaO Particle counts and will be getting those starting next OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back