BG engine flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is BG still making their fine engine flush system? When I was a tech it consisted of pine oil (well it smelled like it) and an additive to use after the flush as a neutralizer. It was really good stuff. But I haven't seen anyone using it. It is a vendor type product: ie only sold to dealers whom allow tech's to install it I believe.

Yes, the MOA is the second part of the flush system we used to use- very good stuff. There was a larger plastic jug that used to contain the solvent used as the cleaning agent. I see now they have a machine, maybe that's what's in it and that's the approach they're taking.

Oh, so the MOA was the "second step". They don't pair them up like that. MOA is an oil additive, and Quick Clean and Power Purge are flushes. That's how I've always seen it. But you always get a can of BG Quick Clean and try it out.

Yes, the MOA was added after the flush was complete and the "finish" oil that the customer left the shop with was fortified with MOA.

I got a tour of a shop with a bunch of new BG flushing equipment. There is a can that gets added before, and a can that gets added after the new BG oil is added. I want to know, is that "after" additive OK to add to Redline or GC?
More pressing, I'm having an ATF flush done and is the "after can" totally OK with Redline ATF? That's so off-topic I'll post it elsewhere though.
Anyway, what was totally cool was the flushing machine. A skeptical mechanic left the oil plug out and took off for lunch, gave it a LONG time to drain. THEN used the BG system to blast air through the oil gallies and was amazed to get another 1/2 litre or 1/2 quart or so out. That amount could well be a huge factor in wear at start-up after the process, so get this: After the drain and refill, the system pumps oil through so it gets to every nook and cranny before the engine is started.
I was told that if you use this system and their oil, any BG oil-related breakdown is covered by a warranty. Which sounds mainly like marketing but it IS a first, as far as I know.
I look forward to seeing posts about all this new BG stuff. I can't try it yet because barring the unforseen I won't get another oil change for close to a year.
BITOG is numero uno!
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back