BFGoodrich - Advantage T/A Sport on a Sonata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone running these? I need to replace the OE Kumho tires on my 16 year old's Hyundai Sonata in my signature below within the next few months, and these are $536 out the door at Costco (215/55-17), $56 less if I catch them during a 1 cent installation promo. 60K warranty, V rated, and seem like a good deal on a decent mid-tier tire. Comparable tires at DT are running over $700 apples to apples after install, road hazard, etc. Anything in the low $500 range at DT seems to be an off brand and/or Korean manufacturer that I don't know much about. The one exception is the Cooper Evolution Tour, which is a 60K tire that would be about $500 out the door. The only experience I have had with Cooper tires was some UHP ones on a Cadillac DTS that wore very quickly, but I'm not opposed to trying them again if they are decent tires.

The last set of BFGs I had was on a 1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7, so it's been a while.
smile.gif
I've been running primarily Pirellis or Continentals as replacement tires on most of my cars for the last decade or so. I'd appreciate any informed opinions or experiences. Thank you!

Last edited:
I looked at those as replacements on a 2013 KIA Optima. I decided against them because of the tread design. The tread design looks like they would be noisy. Take a look some Toyo Proxes or Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2.

Last edited:
I've got them on the Mazda, installed about a year ago and like them so far. My only complaint is their wet grip. In the rain they can definitely get a little squirmy, in Texas I presume this shouldn't be too much of an issue for your daughter.

However, if I lived in TX I don't think I'd really consider these. My main draw was the Snowflake for winter use, in that regard, I'm very impressed. They cut right through snow and you can feel truly feel the tires softness on cold days. Yes they firm up a bit as compared to summer, but they're not rock solid.

Based on what you're looking like at as a price point, I'd take a look at General and reconsider Cooper. I've had good experience with the CS5 Grand Touring on a Charger I used to own. For a sedan, I'd definitely reconsider purchasing.

Had them. Great in dry and wet conditions, though the sidewalls are a bit soft.

I had a set from Costco on a 2003 Accord. They were great for a year or so. Then they stopped gripping in the rain and snow. I rear ended someone in a line leaving a parking lot at about 5 mph with the ABS pumping madly because the pavement was damp with dew. The car later ended up totaled after it slid into a tree on packed snow. (I wasn't driving that time). This was a few years ago, so maybe they are better now or would do better on a heavier car. Not a fan.

I have a full set of them on my 2011 DTS. I like them although I've noticed they can get noisy at speeds above 70 MPH and might ride a bit rough above that speed. I'm not sure if its the tires itself or from the wind noise of the car.

I haven't tested them in snow. They seem to do fine in the rain though I never experienced hard driving conditions when it rains.

I bought this brand for Nostalgic purposes. I had some BF Goodrich Advantage TA Tires on my old 1999 Deville which I loved.

Originally Posted by A_User55555
I have a full set of them on my 2011 DTS. I like them although I've noticed they can get noisy at speeds above 70 MPH and might ride a bit rough above that speed. I'm not sure if its the tires itself or from the wind noise of the car.

I haven't tested them in snow. They seem to do fine in the rain though I never experienced hard driving conditions when it rains.

I bought this brand for Nostalgic purposes. I had some BF Goodrich Advantage TA Tires on my old 1999 Deville which I loved.

Thanks. Ha! I had a 2009 DTS which had a slow North Star leak that I turned into an almost insignificant weep with some Castrol EP and a can of LM Motor Oil Saver. It was a great car (the BEST long distance cruiser), but nothing on it was easy or inexpensive to fix as it started to age. No blown head gasket either!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back