Beware Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote comment section:

anton alexeev
1 day ago
2.:23 if you pause. You can see that that bottle of oil is certified on the back. It says API service SN

repairvehicle
repairvehicle
1 day ago
API licensed is in the back. API certified is in the front. Two different symbols and have two different purposes.

Face.....palm....

In the video, he is not claiming that ALL Mobil 1 is not API certified, but, rather the Mobil 1 HM and the new Mobil 1 0W-16. He is also not claiming that is a bad thing. In the case of the HM oil, he is saying it is better than the regular Mobil 1, because it has three stars on the back of the bottle, instead of two for regular Mobil 1.

Why is he trying to make the case that just because the Mobil 1 HM doesn't have the API certification doesn't mean it is not a good oil? I think he chose Mobil 1 on purpose because just about anyone who knows anything about oil has heard of or knows about Mobil 1.

The reason he is trying to make the case, I believe, is because he is an Amsoil dealer. One of the criticisms of Amsoil has been that some of their oils are not API certified.

I have watched some of his other videos, being an Amsoil dealer, he says that Amsoil is the "best oil out there." I understand that he wants to sell Amsoil, and he tries to back up what he is saying with proof. One of his other videos is where he shows the UOA that he did to prove that Amsoil is the best.

The issue I had with what he was saying is that he drives Toyota/Lexus vehicles, but, he was saying look how low the wear metals are using Amsoil. That is why Amsoil is the best.

Browse through the UOAs on this forum for Toyota/Lexus vehicles, they are known for returning reports with (usually) single digit wear metals. On other oils that are used, not Amsoil.

So, just know where he is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back