Better mpg with Motorcraft 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read these threads before and everybody says don't put too much thought into them. But I'm on my second oil change with Motorcraft 5w20, in my 08 F150 and have seen a very consistant 1.2 mpg increase on every tank of gas. Truck has 64,000 miles on it, and every other oil change has been Castrol Syntec Edge or M1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a neighbor who uses mc in his geo, he said he gets the best mpg and he drives for 3hrs a day daily. His garage has a shelf of mc jugs and case of mc filters that he bought online. When he's a day or so away from an oil change he adds a qt of diesel to his crank case and let's the oil drain over night. He did this religiously at 5k with his previous geo and it finally blew up at 412xxxmiles. Including stop and go traffic in phoenix and the 85mph lanes out my way. I'd put it in anything and never think twice about it...

At least there is no debate about Motorcraft brand showing quality over the years. Since there seems to be next to NO functional differences between brand name motor oil and filters which to use is mainly an Emotional decision.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: marshall25
I've read these threads before and everybody says don't put too much thought into them. But I'm on my second oil change with Motorcraft 5w20, in my 08 F150 and have seen a very consistant 1.2 mpg increase on every tank of gas. Truck has 64,000 miles on it, and every other oil change has been Castrol Syntec Edge or M1.

The Ford oil spec has a fuel economy saving requirement of about that amount but it is compared to 5w30 oil I believe.

I have recorded mpg for every tank of gas I've put through my F150 since new. This increase is an average for the past 8000 miles. It's not just one or two tanks of gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back