Best way to remove odors from you car:

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks!! I wish I had read this earlier.. one time I had a issue with a used car owned by smoker. the smoke keep coming back few days after whatever tricks I tried
mad.gif
. the smell come back whenever the heat is on and I sold it after....

the baking soda trick did not work. now thinking about it, maybe I did not clean the car well with the baking soda.
Hydrogen Peroxide is commonly whitener/bleacher in industrial area, high concentration can burn the skin, it's also a carcinogen when laced in the food (so it's ban for food/drug uses..) so make sure pet's don't licks the treated area... it also accelerate rusting(oxidation) watch for area with exposed metal.

The stuff they use to clean up pet accidents works well on protiens like poo, throwup, spoiled milk. It is an enyme cleaner that breaks it down. My dad bought some plants and manure for the garden- needless to say the car wreaked even though the manure was supposed to have no smell, i doused the inside of his car and over night the car smelled clean and fresh.

Originally Posted By: Garak
A neat trick I've used for smoke odors is to put a bunch of coffee (i.e. the unused grounds, whatever that's called - coffee, I guess) in a cup, and leave it in the car. We used to do that with the cabs. The coffee has a decent smell itself, and seems to absorb some of the stink.

Tried it in a smoker's car. Worked great, but have to keep the coffee in the car. Once you remove the coffee, the bad smell comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back