Best way to clean type-c port that ACTUALLY works?!

I've tried scraping it out with the end of an unfolded staple, I've tried using a safety pin, a toothpick, and compressed air and everything just packs it in further it seems. I'm tired of being stuck on slow charging and having my charger cord pop out of my phone with the slightest bump or movement.

It's bad enough that if I have my phone plugged in while it's in my air vent mount, hitting the smallest bump in the road makes it fall out. Or if my phone is plugged in on my nightstand and I pick it up to read something the cord will fall out.

Also I have tried several cords including a brand new one I just bought so the issue is not an old or worn out cord.

Yep, lint in those causes all sorts of issues.

Best luck I've had was with a toothpick, end moistened with rubbing alcohol. Push it in on one side, then slide to the other and remove. Repeat. It will take a few minutes, but the constant motion in one direction will eventually get it out. Remoisten the toothpick every 3-4 cycles, and the lint will do some cleaning on the way out.

I've started putting my phone in the pocket, charging port down...saves a lot of buildup.

I'd shoot it with electronic parts cleaner, or throttle body cleaner if I didn't have that, then air.

If I had neither of those I'd pour some alcohol in it then blow it out. And keep your cord out of your food. :LOL:

I hear you. My moto G3 uses a micro USB where if you even look at it, the cord pops out. This is cheapy phone though, that I've had a few years.

Back