Best Way to Clean out an Engine After a Blown Head Gasket?

Hey guys. I'm in a similar situation. Blown head gasket caused coolant to mix in with my oil. Unfortunately, the gasket job isn't something I could tackle on my own, so I had the car towed to an AAMCO shop for an estimate. The guy there is trying to BS me into buying a new engine for my 98 Buick Century on the grounds that the sludge can't be 100% cleaned out of the engine, and it will ruin the bearings because of this. The car hasn't been sitting but a week since it blew the gaskets, and I just drained the sludge myself the afternoon before having it towed to the shop. Because it had sat long enough for some separation to occur, the first thing to flow out was coolant water, about 1/3 gallon, followed by the milky oil. I let it drain as completely as possible before replacing the drain plug. I originally told him that as well as the head gaskets, I was willing to have the intake manifold gaskets replaced as well. But this guy has been trying to rip me off at every turn! Actually tried telling me that in order to do an estimate he was going to need to put clean oil and new coolant into it and wanted to know if I was willing to pay $260 for him to do this and have him then be able to give me an estimate. Lol, needless to say, I declined! Whatever happened to honest shops?!!
I asked him to give me some time to think about it when he broke the news that I needed a new $4,225.00 engine, knowing he was lying. Now I'm going to see if I can speak with a manager regarding his unethical employee, and get the car taken care of right!

AAMCO specializes in unethical employees, talking to the manager isn't going to help. Just get your car out of there.

Back