Best way to clean inside glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Windex with vinegar glass cleaner. Don't use anything stated as multi surface. The towel matters a lot btw. Paper towels aren't the best choice.

I assume you're talking about inside car windows. I bought a 6 inch squeege from Amazon. I use Invisible Glass and the squeege. I have some Scotts paper towels made for glass and use them to dab up anything the squeege leaves behind.

Invisible glass and a good microfiber cloth. One to wipe wet and a second one to dry.

Last edited:
I've been using the Turtle Wax stuff that you can use on dashes and electronic screens, too. Two microfibers as stated above. Works well. Old newsprint works well, too.

I use Invisible Glass and two clean microfibers. Alternatively, especially if it's just film, I use those special glass microfiber towels with no water or chemical, just a buff.

Bucket of hot water, with a generous squeeze of Dawn dishwashing liquid.
A 3M scratcher, brown.
https://www.scotch-brite.com/3M/en_US/scotch-brite/tools/~/Scotch-Brite-Greener-Clean-Non-Scratch-Scour-Pad/?N=4337+3294529207+3294631751&preselect=3292304617+3293786499&rt=rud
Careful, will scuff paint and chrome...
The green version of the scratcher is too harsh...

Wipe with lint free towel...

+1 !
Originally Posted by wwillson
Sprayway and a new microfiber towel, never found anything better.

These with the Invisible Glass others mentioned … I use RainX cleaner only on side glass …

152CA13F-597D-4E6D-9F59-E6E3AB4779D6.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3
What is safe for window tint?

The tint shop that did my Jeep 2 years ago said to dilute Windex 50/50 with water.

As a full time auto detailer, I rely on my microfiber towels more than the cleaner. Give me good towels, and I can get glass perfect with any cleaner...

A detailer I observed used the two microfiber approach and it worked great. I personally use newspaper to apply, a low nap microfiber to remove. Works well.

Originally Posted by Chris Meutsch
Sprayway and paper towels. PM me if it's not the best glass cleaner ever and I'll buy back your can.

I would have to agree. I use an old hand towel and wash it after each use. BTW we used Sprayway when I was in the service (USCG) back in the early 1980s to clean aircraft windows.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FastEddie
As a full time auto detailer, I rely on my microfiber towels more than the cleaner. Give me good towels, and I can get glass perfect with any cleaner...

I'd have to agree with that. No matter what cleaner you got, slimy, wet towels don't do much good.

I tried the Sprayway from wally due to recommendations here and at first I didn't see much difference than Invisible Glass but after a few more uses I think the Sprayway has a slight edge over Invisible Glass. I smoke and it seems to cut the nicotine better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back