Best wax for vehicle stored outside in FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

OK guys I have given my opinion previously on this matter but still am curious. What do you guys think is the best, longest lasting wax/polish for a vehicle stored outdoors in a climate such as Central FL?

Go to amazon and search for 15oz. Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax. This stuff is for hot climates and lasts more ch longer than regular carnuba wax. That tin will last you forever, and all for 20$. Tried and proved in TX heat

Does it have to be a wax, or will a synthetic sealer do? If so, I like Duragloss TPP 105, and like the Duragloss 601 and 105 combo

Originally Posted By: sicko
Does it have to be a wax, or will a synthetic sealer do? If so, I like Duragloss TPP 105, and like the Duragloss 601 and 105 combo

Technically, Finish Kare FK100P Hi-Temp "wax" IS a sealant, and Collinite #845 is a hybrid

Is it a medium or dark colored car? If so, don't use a traditional wax, the hot sun will bake away and evaporate it within weeks. Light-medium, use Collinite 845. Medium-dark, use Jescar Power Lock (or just use this no matter the color).

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Nu Finish?

Pretty durable stuff.

Nu Finish. Can be purchased any where-and it does a great job for the price. No need to go expensive when your looking at basically a sealant.

I have used FK1000 and Nu Finish for some time. With the FK1000 the issue is that it does not clean, only protects and sometimes depending on the humidity can be a pain to get off even with a thin coat. Nu Finish stains other surfaces if you are not careful but I use it on my work car! Out of the two which are both synthetic the FK1000 does last longer under the same conditions. That's why I was wondering if something new and better has come out. Guess I am getting old and lazy looking for that one do all product!

Last edited:
A sealant will provide longer protection than a plain wax. The suggestion for Poorboys above is a good one. Menzerna Powerlock is another. There are several brands. Optimum OptiSeal is another good one. It states it provides uv protection as well which will definitely be a plus in Florida.

Originally Posted By: 007
OK guys I have given my opinion previously on this matter but still am curious. What do you guys think is the best, longest lasting wax/polish for a vehicle stored outdoors in a climate such as Central FL?

As others have mentioned:

Finish Kare
Collinite
Duragloss combo

The ceramic coatings are the most durable, but quite a bit more expensive and more involved to do them properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back