Best wax for non clear coat paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using standard turtle wax on my 88 F-150 for a while now and have been pretty disappointed with how long the shine last. It seems like it gets water spotted very easily. What would be the best wax to use? I'd like something that I can get locally if possible. Truck has standard paint with no clear coat.

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
Try Meguires NXT wax in a bottle. Shines super, lasts a long time.

I found the NXT easy on, easy off, looks nice, but just didn't seem to last.
I'm at the end of a bottle, now looking for something else to try that last longer for my work putt vehicle. I'll use what's left for the motorcycles though.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
Try Meguires NXT wax in a bottle. Shines super, lasts a long time.

I found the NXT easy on, easy off, looks nice, but just didn't seem to last.
I'm at the end of a bottle, now looking for something else to try that last longer for my work putt vehicle. I'll use what's left for the motorcycles though.

Nufinish is a sleeper OTC product. Doesn't get the respect it deserves but people are realizing that it isn't bad at all. Either that or Collinite (always a crowd favorite) will last a while and are easy on/off with a good shine and durability

^ did more reading on NuFinish. Seems a bargain for durability and ease of use. Seems many really like it or just don't care for it.
If one isn't looking for the deeper gloss but want a lasting coat, then NF seems to fit the bill. Interesting.

Also, if you are looking for a great shine you should also consider putting a glaze on prior to any wax. Megs 7, 3M imperial etc. This will really give the paint some pop before you hit it with a wax. 3M applies just like a wax does. megs #7 takes some mastering but yields better results.

I suggest you try the Nu Finish liquid. Even if you aren't that fond of it you're out very little. It will indeed outlast any Turtle Wax product. Two coats should easily hang in there for six months or longer.

The NXT line has the worst durability of any product I ever used. The price is not in line with the results and lasting power. High price, much hype, lousy results.

I used to have single stage and I applied NuFinish every few months, and over that I always had a coat of Meguiar's carnauba wax.

It shined so well nobody believed me that it was single stage.

This is non-buffed single-stage:

IMG_8971R-1.jpg

The only reason I repainted this car (again) is because that bike on the photo crashed into the car later on, and I'm very anal about paint so I just repainted the whole car with two-stage.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
The NXT line has the worst durability of any product I ever used. The price is not in line with the results and lasting power. High price, much hype, lousy results.

Amen to that!

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
MrWideTires, where did you get the SsangYong Rexton?

Im curious to, is the Rexton avaiable in the States?

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Originally Posted By: RTexasF

Amen to that!

Amen x 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back