Best To Run The Same Oil All The Time?

However, If you want the full benefit of a particular oils additive package, it usually takes more than one oil change, with the same oil, to see the benefits.

Based on some of these replies, I kind of feel like I should just keep running ST FS 0w20 and quit trying to save a few bucks here and there on oil
prices. ST isn't an expensive oil anyway.
You're running ST and still trying to save money? Wow.

Let me see if I can remember them all from the top of my head...

Castrol EP gold 5w30
Pennzoil Ultra 5w30
Pennzoil Gold 5w30
RP 5w30
Castrol High mileage 5w30
Castrol Magnetec 5w30
Castrol Ultraclean 5w30
Valvoline White 5w30
Valvoline Maxlife FS 5w30
Havoline 5w30
Havoline High mileage 5w30
Cam2 Superpromax 5w30
Cam2 Dexos full synthetic 5w30.
Quaker State FS 5w30
Quaker State HM 5w30
Formula Shell 5w30
Carquest High mileage FS 5w30
Havoline Pro DS 5w30
Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 Pennzoil Platinum HM full synthetic 5w30
Napa Full synthetic 5w30
Napa FS high mileage 5w30
Warren Oil synthetic blend 5w30
Lubrigold 5w30
Federated Auto parts FS 5w30
Mag1 Dexos full synthetic 5w30
Motorcraft synthetic blend 5w30
Quaker State AD 5w30
Super S 5w30

Oh yeah, name them.

Oh yeah, name them.

Not hard.... Called long term memory. And paying attention.... Something you better do when someone could be going septic or has a severe post operative bleed... Aka a patient I had she almost lost 1/4 of her blood. Taken to ICU and then back to surgery to fix it. Dr called my supervisor and thanked her and asked me to call to have him thank me personally.

Hell I memorized the entire United States Dwight Eisenhower interstate road system by the age of 9 year's old... Knew all the states and 50 capitals too.

Not many 12 year old boys could tell you how to get across the US and actually be right about it too. Much less telling my mom how to go places.

Will add... My short term memory can be off pretty good at times. And I have been that way since I was very young. Stupid in a way. I can tell you interstate 70 starts in Baltimore and ends on interstate 15 in Utah... But where I put my darn car keys at times is a total blank. :LOL:

Last edited:
It does not matter. The US Military changes oil brands more frequently than some change underwear (it is all about price and contracts) and the operating conditions the equipment faces is far more severe than any of us will ever experience--yet, it keeps on trucking. Swap brands as often as you like...

Nothing, but it's not needed. A single oil provides all the ingredients that an engine needs. But a single meal typically does not provide all ingredients that a body needs, hence the need for a varied diet.
If an oil is on sale, and it meets your engines required specs, why not buy it and use it, even if it's not your usual brand?
🤷‍♂️ :unsure:

If an oil is on sale, and it meets your engines required specs, why not buy it and use it, even if it's not your usual brand?
🤷‍♂️ :unsure:
I think I'm going to. NAPA oil is plenty good enough for my Prius c engine.
If I can get it for this price long term, it might even make sense for me to switch to NAPA oil full time.
Made by Valvoline.

In that case, maybe I better fill up my closet with NAPA oil (just joking). 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I think I'm going to. NAPA oil is plenty good enough for my Prius c engine.
If I can get it for this price long term, it might even make sense for me to switch to NAPA oil full time.
Made by Valvoline.

In that case, maybe I better fill up my closet with NAPA oil (just joking). 🤣🤣🤣
If you do you will officially be a BITOG oil hoarder. 😁

Not hard.... Called long term memory. And paying attention.... Something you better do when someone could be going septic or has a severe post operative bleed... Aka a patient I had she almost lost 1/4 of her blood. Taken to ICU and then back to surgery to fix it. Dr called my supervisor and thanked her and asked me to call to have him thank me personally.

Hell I memorized the entire United States Dwight Eisenhower interstate road system by the age of 9 year's old... Knew all the states and 50 capitals too.

Not many 12 year old boys could tell you how to get across the US and actually be right about it too. Much less telling my mom how to go places.

Will add... My short term memory can be off pretty good at times. And I have been that way since I was very young. Stupid in a way. I can tell you interstate 70 starts in Baltimore and ends on interstate 15 in Utah... But where I put my darn car keys at times is a total blank. :LOL:
Was able to rattle off state capitals at four. I'm great at trivia and yet I'm face blind which has resulted in many hilarious incidents which still wake me up with night sweats. I'd love to have a bit more brain balance.

Back