Best To Run The Same Oil All The Time?

Think of how much better it would be if it was Redline!
It may be marginally better, but not worth paying 2-3x more for it.
I see no point in doing the next owner of the car a favor.
For me, the way I drive <5k miles a year, I believe these oils will serve me well, and then some.

I bought three 5 qt jugs of NAPA 0w20 FS for $40.22 with tax.
That's about $13.40 each, with tax.
ST FS is now $15.48 + tax for 5 qts.

I memorized the entire United States Dwight Eisenhower interstate road system by the age of 9 year's old... Knew all the states and 50 capitals too.

Same here and we also had to memorize all the countries in the world and name them on blank maps. Problem with that is that names change over the years. Formosa, Persia, Burma, all new names now.

Another interesting tidbit is the numbering of the Interstate highways actually has a purpose. Odd numbers North-South. Even numbers West-East.

Same here and we also had to memorize all the countries in the world and name them on blank maps. Problem with that is that names change over the years. Formosa, Persia, Burma, all new names now.

Another interesting tidbit is the numbering of the Interstate highways actually has a purpose. Odd numbers North-South. Even numbers West-East.
I-4
It's about who pays for it.

I like happy engines so I buy different oil based on what's on sale. I also like proven brands. The important thing is the color of the oil. My new Havoline six-quart jugs from Walmart, the oil is a pleasing golden color. My vehicles appreciate this and keep running to reward my kindness. Do you want to eat the same thing all the time? Changing the oil once in a while is probably the best idea, oil is cheap. Compared to a new engine. Let's not even get into the color of oil filters!

I do like the feel of the ST FS oil with a Fram PH filter very much in my Prius engine, but I feel I will also like NAPA FS / Fram PH.

Last edited:
I used to have an old Camry with over 240k miles on it. It would burn a quart of oil about every 500 miles or so like clockwork. Since it burned so much I would just buy the cheapest 10w30 I could find, it didn't matter what brand. I had another toyota that took 5w20 and required 4.5 quarts, so that leftover half a quart of 5w20 pennzoil platinum would go in the camry too. On top of that, I worked at a dealership detailing cars and would often find spare quarts of oil in the trunks of trade ins, those would go in the camry no matter what brand or weight of oil they were. If I was at a friend or family member's house and saw a dusty old quart of oil from the 80's in their garage I would ask them if I could have it and it would go in the camry no matter what it was. I was so broke I would even put in various oil additives I found in trade ins at the dealer (like restore or marvel mystery oil). Nothing ever changed how it ran, or how much oil it burned. I'm not saying it's ideal or it didn't hurt anything, but I did this for a couple years and it didn't seem to effect anything at all as far as I could tell. I certainly wouldn't advise putting the wrong weight of oil in a car, but I'm just telling you what my experience was.

I used to have an old Camry with over 240k miles on it. It would burn a quart of oil about every 500 miles or so like clockwork. Since it burned so much I would just buy the cheapest 10w30 I could find, it didn't matter what brand. I had another toyota that took 5w20 and required 4.5 quarts, so that leftover half a quart of 5w20 pennzoil platinum would go in the camry too. On top of that, I worked at a dealership detailing cars and would often find spare quarts of oil in the trunks of trade ins, those would go in the camry no matter what brand or weight of oil they were. If I was at a friend or family member's house and saw a dusty old quart of oil from the 80's in their garage I would ask them if I could have it and it would go in the camry no matter what it was. I was so broke I would even put in various oil additives I found in trade ins at the dealer (like restore or marvel mystery oil). Nothing ever changed how it ran, or how much oil it burned. I'm not saying it's ideal or it didn't hurt anything, but I did this for a couple years and it didn't seem to effect anything at all as far as I could tell. I certainly wouldn't advise putting the wrong weight of oil in a car, but I'm just telling you what my experience was.
Sounds to me like that Camry was neglected somewhere along the line.

That’s not bad at all. I’ve read reports on here where they drain oil out of a nice car they own and pour the used oil into the beater car. So the beater never gets new, fresh oil. Cars similar to the old Camry you mention.

Back