Best Tires for 2009 Honda CR-V 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: George Bynum
I wasn't going to muddy the water, but decided that such a jerk as I could do that . Costco, likely because of that 102 issue, shows only one tire for the car, the Bridgestone - Dueler H/T 470 with Uni-T 225/65R17 102T. They now allow looking up by size, and including the EMetric and PMetric, have more ... 3 PMetric, all 100T, and 5 EMetric, a mix of a 101S, a 101H, a 102H, and 2 102T ... one of the 102T, the BFGoodrich - Long Trail T/A Tour, they didn't list in the By_Vehicle search.

Crazy puzzling search algorithm to me ... the 102H and the BFG seem to meet any reasonable criteria I can comprehend. Capri, can you explain why this MIGHT be so?

Some of it I can explain by the rule:

"Never apply tires with a lower load rating."

Computers programers aren't so good at looking for exceptions to that kind of rule.

But anything with an T or higher ought to show up - so that doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted By: radtech91
Not sure about a Discount Tire in my area .

I tried, from this thread page2.
Originally Posted By: sayjac
I see from your sig you live in Ohio. Discount Tire has 10 locations, not sure if any are near you. I've had them match online prices, and used comparable Wally install prices as a reference. Also lot's of promotions/rebates there. http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/currentPromotions.dos

Also Dis.Tire. Direct price includes free shipping and no tax. Also saw where Treadepot has $20-40 mail in rebate on Goodyear. And $60 instant rebate on GY and others.

Don't really have a specific tire suggestion, just trying to help you get your best price. HTH

Nothing wrong with TR, just surprised they were first choice with DT Ohio locations, and DTD with an Ohio warehouse.
21.gif

Not sure about a Discount Tire in my area .

I tried, from this thread page2.
I see from your sig you live in Ohio. Discount Tire has 10 locations, not sure if any are near you. I've had them match online prices, and used comparable Wally install prices as a reference. Also lot's of promotions/rebates there. http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/currentPromotions.dos

Also Dis.Tire. Direct price includes free shipping and no tax. Also saw where Treadepot has $20-40 mail in rebate on Goodyear. And $60 instant rebate on GY and others.

Don't really have a specific tire suggestion, just trying to help you get your best price. HTH

Nothing wrong with TR, just surprised they were first choice with DT Ohio locations, and DTD with an Ohio warehouse.
21.gif

LOL sorry about that I remember going to that link earlier. I wasn't awake yet this morning; it was too early. lol

The last set of tires my dad got, he ordered from Tire Rack. Great set of tires, and super fast shipping. Also the last time I got tires at a local tire shop I talked to him about tire rack and he said that they are an excellent tire place with very good service.
That is why I ordered from them. Did DT have the Michilin $70 mail in rebate?

Did DT have the Michilin $70 mail in rebate?
Yep. Both DT and DTD had the $70 rebate good till 7/3.

http://www.discounttirerebates.com/ As I said nothing wrong with TR, love them for research, but I'd be surprised if DT/DTD wouldn't have beaten their price, including shipping charges. As for service, you can just do a search at the top here to see the satisfaction of Bitog with their service, DTD delivery time and price. But, history now, maybe next time.

Did DT have the Michilin $70 mail in rebate?
Yep. Both DT and DTD had the $70 rebate good till 7/3.

http://www.discounttirerebates.com/ As I said nothing wrong with TR, love them for research, but I'd be surprised if DT/DTD wouldn't have beaten their price, including shipping charges. As for service, you can just do a search at the top here to see the satisfaction of Bitog with their service, DTD delivery time and price. But, history now, maybe next time.

Yeah thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely for sure check them out when I am in the market for tires again or someone I know. :D

Originally Posted By: mopar_monkey
have you installed these tires yet? if so how do you like them?

Well I'm going to give honda a call tomorrow and get an appointment to install the new tires this week. The back tires are down below 4/32" now and hydroplaning resistance is getting quite low. Driving in all this Ohio rain is getting quite harder with these tires. Noise has greatly increased and wandering on the highway has been increasing greatly just in the past week. I also am going to be driving a lot of miles in the next couple weeks with full car loads of people so I want to have good tires on.

I'll put a post on how well the Michelin Latitude Tours do over the next couple weeks.

757GUY, I agree General Altimax HP are great for the price. Smooth and quite handles great although I have not been in the snow.

I've been using the TireRack and Consumer Reports rating of tires as a guide for my buying choices, picking from about the top 4/5 in my particular catigory(standard all season "T" speed rating) for which tires excell in areas that I find most important for my driving style/climate, searching for which ones come in my sizes and/or availability, checking other tire web sites for best prices delivered to my home. I have never been happier with my choices. I use to buy from the recomendations of the local tire store sales rep and I hated my choices. Sure, sometimes I got lucky but, now I'm making the better tire choices. "T" speed rating is what I typically use but, Im not restricting myself to only "T", I'll buy an "H" if it fits my needs/budget/vehicle.
The tires in our circle of family/friends have included, and we have been very happy with, not in any particular order:

Pirelli P4...2 vehicles
wink.gif

Kumho Solus KR-21...4 vehicles
wink.gif

Yokohama AVID TRZ...3 vehicles
wink.gif

Dunlop Signature...3 vehicles...good overall but noisy :|
Michelin HydroEdge 1 vehicle
wink.gif

All tires are good/great choices!

Got the tires installed today and all I have to say is MAN ARE THEY QUIET!!!!
CR-V rides better and takes bumps better. She doesn't wander all over the highway anymore.

Can't wait to try her in the rain. I'll post again after about 5,000 miles.

Double-check the pressure. Not all shops seem to have accurate gauges...or care enough to set them correctly.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Double-check the pressure. Not all shops seem to have accurate gauges...or care enough to set them correctly.

ok will do. Got it done at my local Honda Garage, they are usually very good at getting everything correct. I told them to fill them to 35psi. I'll check in the morning.

oem tires are so horrible, I dumped them immediately on my last 3 new cars. I ran the Pilot HX on my new Acura, they sucked and were 2x the price of some better ones.

Originally Posted By: 757guy
General Altimax HP's were my choice for my Jeep Liberty. Outstanding wet traction, low noise, and very good snow handling characteristics. A great tire at a reasonable price for my needs here in Minnesota.

Just my .02.....

+1....Love my General AltaMax HP's...best tire I've ever had. I would purchase them again & highly recommend them.

Bought them from TireRack...good price and great service (tires arrived two days after I ordered online).

Last edited:
So I just wanted to say that after about 2000 miles on the new Michelin's, that they are FANTASTIC! I have been able to drive through quite a bit of rain now, and they handle perfectly and breaking has much improved over the old tires on wet roads. They were really quiet at first but they have become a little noisier but no where as loud as the old tires. I also am getting 1-1.5 more mpg's now too. I was averaging 24.7 most of the time but now I am getting 25.7 - 26.2.

I am so glad I bought these tires, much thanks to all those that helped me get these. I can not wait to try them out this winter!

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Go to Discount Tire and check out the Michelin Primacy MXV4.

Why??? I already bought new tires, that is why I was just posted a review for them above. Also, they don't make that tire in a size for my CR-V anyhow.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Sorry,missed that. Glad you got a tire you like.

Its ok I was just wondering there for a second..... lol

Got the tires installed today and all I have to say is MAN ARE THEY QUIET!!!!
CR-V rides better and takes bumps better. She doesn't wander all over the highway anymore.

Can't wait to try her in the rain. I'll post again after about 5,000 miles.

Sweet.

Wait till you see how long they last!

Great choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back