Best Tires for 2009 Honda CR-V 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: barlowc
Originally Posted By: jeepman
we are very pleased with the new LTX M/S set that we put on our 06 Vue.

What tires are these exactly? I noticed over the weekend that the tread on our 07 Vue's stock Dueler H/T's is getting pretty bad. So I need to begin the search. I've heard some other Vue owners suggest the Kumho Solus.

Yea, out Duellers lasted 19k and were done. Worst OEM tire i have ever seen.

The Michelins we got were these. We just took a 1500 mile road trip last week and the car drove like a champ, road noise was down, and we hit a pretty bad storm and I didn't even notice any traction problems at all. They were pricey, but I couldn't be happier.

Geneal Altamax HP's...check out the ratings on the TireRack website. They have great 'user' ratings and are reasonably priced.

TireRack provide great service as well.

After looking at the Tire Rack website again, I see that the Michelin Latitude Tour is actually more expensive than the Goodyear Fortera TripleTreds!!

Now on sale right now the Michelin's are cheaper, but I'm wondering if I should just go for the TripleTreds.

Anyone had any experience with them on their CR-V?

Has anyone used these tires on a crossover/SUV/CR-V:

Main site: http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-selector/vehicle/2009/Honda/CR-V/LX|EX|EX-L/long-trail-t-a-tour/225|65R17+102T/tire-details

Tire Rack: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Long+Trail+T%2FA+Tour&partnum=265TR7LTTATOWL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2009&autoModel=CRV%20EX&autoModClar=

If it helps, BFG is owned by Michelin, and has been for several years now. This is a tire that has been developed under Michelin's ownership.

Originally Posted By: radtech91
After looking at the Tire Rack website again, I see that the Michelin Latitude Tour is actually more expensive than the Goodyear Fortera TripleTreds!!

Now on sale right now the Michelin's are cheaper, but I'm wondering if I should just go for the TripleTreds.

They are #1 in their class, a proverbial no-brainer at the huge discount in that size.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Originally Posted By: radtech91

They are #1 in their class, a proverbial no-brainer at the huge discount in that size.

Which tire were you referring to?

I figured it up I would save $200. I don't exactly need them right now at the moment. I wasn't sure if I should get them now or wait and see if they have a better deal later.

What do you think?

Thank you so much everybody. I went ahead and bought the Michelin Latitude Tour. Got a pretty sweet deal too.

Thanks again everybody. Can't wait till winter comes to try them out. Can't be any worse than I have. lol

Be sure to stop back and let us know how they work out for you.

I see they have the $70 rebate on top of the discount price.

That's $200 off the reg price!

Killer.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Be sure to stop back and let us know how they work out for you.

I see they have the $70 rebate on top of the discount price.

That's $200 off the reg price!

Killer.

Yeah that is what made me get them. Excellent deal!

Tires came today! They shipped Monday. It took them 2 days to get here. Now that is service!

I was just looking and I noticed that I got the 100T and there is a 102T, which is what the originals on my CR-V are.

Is that going to cause a problem?

It won't cause any problems though right?

90% of the time it is just me in the CR-V.
The other like 10% I may have one person, but I drive slower and even more cautiously when I have other people with me.
With the weight, I think the heaviest things I have had in my car at once is 5 people but the 3 in the back were "little" ladies. and that is the normal people I would have in the back. and then whatever they bring so I don't really think the car would ever be over a load max or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back