Best Tires for 2009 Honda CR-V 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mopar_monkey
no, i work at a honda dealership and these are on hondas approved replacement tire list.

Are you talking about the Altimax?

OP posted 225/65R17

The Michelins I posted are a runaway hit.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Originally Posted By: radtech91

Now I remember why I asked how they handled. When you go to TireRack and type in the CR-V info those tires don't come up. I was wondering if that is because of the strength of the side walls and some other reasons for the strength of the tire would not work with the CR-V.

Suggesstions?

Wrong size.

Here are the tires Tire Rack suggest: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearch...amp;tireIndex=0

As you can see from these next 2 links they have my size but they don't recommend:
1) http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...E&tab=Sizes

I can't get TireRack to load now for some reason to put a link to the Altimax Tires, but anyway it has the same thing. The size I need but it doesn't have the blue dot by it signifying it will work with the CR-V.

Yeah, it's acting up. I would just type in the size manually. Double check the load and speed rating needed and you are fine with anything in the size. The Michelins I posted are T rated, but the load is probably fine. Load is more important than speed. I would not hesitate to get a quality T rated tire.

i was talking about the destination le, i'm not sure why tirerack is'nt bringing them up, 9 out of 10 new crv's we put tires on get these tires,i'm wondering if it's due to the factory tire being considered a passenger car tire where as the le is an suv/light truck tire.

nobody said you where an idiot, i've installed and seen lots of different tires, i can say from my experiance that they are less then great tires, but unless you've had a bad experiance with them there would be no way to know that. the altimax is a nice tire, i just don't trust the company that makes them, just simply trying show what i was responding to. sorry if i offended you, that was not my intention, i'm just trying to give this the best advice i can.

Ah no no problem at all. I was calling myself an idiot because I was asking him how they handled and he answered that in his first post. lol
And you are really helpful, thanks for all your knowledge. I really appreciate it.

my bad, sorry it's just that people seem to get offended so easily on here.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Yeah, it's acting up. I would just type in the size manually. Double check the load and speed rating needed and you are fine with anything in the size. The Michelins I posted are T rated, but the load is probably fine. Load is more important than speed. I would not hesitate to get a quality T rated tire.

can't go wrong with the michelins either.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Michelin Latitude Tour is always a good choice.

This would be my vote as well, although we are very pleased with the new LTX M/S set that we put on our 06 Vue. As someone who has not spent the green on Michelin's before, I think they are worth the cash. I will look no further in the future.

I see from your sig you live in Ohio. Discount Tire has 10 locations, not sure if any are near you. I've had them match online prices, and used comparable Wally install prices as a reference. Also lot's of promotions/rebates there. http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/currentPromotions.dos

Also Dis.Tire. Direct price includes free shipping and no tax. Also saw where Treadepot has $20-40 mail in rebate on Goodyear. And $60 instant rebate on GY and others.

Don't really have a specific tire suggestion, just trying to help you get your best price. HTH

for the $ I'm gonna add another destination LE vote. stiffer sidewalls but on the taller CRV you may like it. rode GREAT on my 93 jeep GC, including some off-road/mud use and regular curb-hopping.

We put b-stone turanza HLs on a cpl of our cars and really liked them, and the mileage out of the turanzas is fantastic, have had 3 sets over the years.

Originally Posted By: jeepman
we are very pleased with the new LTX M/S set that we put on our 06 Vue.

What tires are these exactly? I noticed over the weekend that the tread on our 07 Vue's stock Dueler H/T's is getting pretty bad. So I need to begin the search. I've heard some other Vue owners suggest the Kumho Solus.

Kuhmo Solus that fits your car. I have these tires on my Civic and CR-V and they are the best around for the money. Actually on my second set of these on my Civic. 80 in the rain is no sweat. Snow is easy.

With the General Altimax HP's my mileage initially went down slightly but then came back up to the same value +/- .3 MPG.
I consider the noise levels to be excellent on this tire. The tires I replaced were Goodyear Wrangler HP's and I could not remove them fast enough. (I pulled them with only 25,000 miles because the noise was intolerable and the winter traction was minimal.)

I did consider the Goodyear Fortera Triple Tread but considered them to be very expensive when compared to other brands with similar ratings. I would buy the General Altimax HP's again without hesitation.

Hope that helps.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...E&tab=Sizes
$112 each is also a great price for that size! these tires work well in the rain, i live in oregon and with the amount of these tires we've installed we'd hear about it if they weren't good in the rain.

They look like nice tires! Thanks for the suggestion. That is where I was thinking of getting the tires from. Tire Rack is really nice. That's where my father got his last set of tires.

Wait.... you're complaining about Bridgestone tires.... and then say that Firestone Destination LE tires "look like nice tires"?

Bridgestone owns Firestone = same company.

If you're that unhappy with Bridgestone tires, then you really don't want Firestone tires, do you?

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

mopar_monkey said:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...E&tab=Sizes
$112 each is also a great price for that size! these tires work well in the rain, i live in oregon and with the amount of these tires we've installed we'd hear about it if they weren't good in the rain.

They look like nice tires! Thanks for the suggestion. That is where I was thinking of getting the tires from. Tire Rack is really nice. That's where my father got his last set of tires.

Wait.... you're complaining about Bridgestone tires.... and then say that Firestone Destination LE tires "look like nice tires"?

Bridgestone owns Firestone = same company.

If you're that unhappy with Bridgestone tires, then you really don't want Firestone tires, do you? [/quote

the bridgestone h/t are a very cheap tire,that's why they put them on at the factory, very soft so when your test driving the car it is very smooth and quiet, but they wear very quickly and are the low end tire of bridgestones line up, when has a manufacturer put good tires on there cars? goodyear st that come on many Chryslers are possibly the worst tires ever made, the dunlopes that come on the civic hybrids are horrible tires. the crv's come with those bridgestones or continentals which are also horrible. Michelin makes the tires for the accord v6 and they wear very quickly and have a ton of issues, all of these manufactures make great tires but you'll never see them on a new car.

Quote:
Michelin makes the tires for the accord v6 and they wear very quickly and have a ton of issues, all of these manufactures make great tires but you'll never see them on a new car.
I have OE Michelin's on my 3.0L Accord with ~27k and they are very close to the wearbars, but no issues other than treadwear. Certainly these are not Michelin's best and I would never consider them again. But, I won't/wouldn't judge all Michelin tires by that tire for sure.

the bridgestone h/t are a very cheap tire,that's why they put them on at the factory, very soft so when your test driving the car it is very smooth and quiet, but they wear very quickly and are the low end tire of bridgestones line up, when has a manufacturer put good tires on there cars? goodyear st that come on many Chryslers are possibly the worst tires ever made, the dunlopes that come on the civic hybrids are horrible tires. the crv's come with those bridgestones or continentals which are also horrible. Michelin makes the tires for the accord v6 and they wear very quickly and have a ton of issues, all of these manufactures make great tires but you'll never see them on a new car.

May I suggest that you please learn how to properly quote what someone else has written...

I can't wait to get my TRZs on the Tigger tomorrow. A full size over, taller and wider. I hope the dealer is cool w/it...but they are a very cool dealership.

Kinda OT, but...I paid my dues in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back