Best Synthetic oil for Nissan Armada 5.6 V8? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2005 Nissan Armada with a little over 110,000 miles on it. Use it for everything especially towing. Synthetic oil has always been used (I'm the second owner since 81,000 miles). First owner used Mobil 1 and I've been using Castrol GTX Edge w/ Titanium & Royal Purple, along with royal purple filters. I'd like to know if these engines need certain oil or should avoid any. Don't know much about these engines and would want to have someone who knows them share some wisdom about how to take care of them. The endurance has a lot of valves and moving parts and would want this engine to make it well over 200,000 miles.

I've read some good things about Liqui Moly oils, Redline and Amzoil.....are they worth it? Also been thinking about putting on a Frantz Oil filter as well, over kill?

If you're towing anything heavy, I'd use M1 0W-40 or 15W-50. If it's just a little bass boat or a couple of thousand pounds, any 5W-30 synthetic including SuperTech will be fine. Just my opinion - I'm a thick is better advocate in high stress situations.

I've owned the 10 Armada in my sig since new. These engines can be rough on oil so I would stick with a good quality (I prefer synthetic) oil and do a few UOA. I found that with mine, in the conditions I run, that M1 5-30 and 7k-8k give excellent results. Just turning 76k and have used M1 5-30 for the life of the vehicle and K&N at first then moved to P1 filters.

I also installed a PML oversize trans pan. I have been running MaxLife synthetic ATF in the transfer case and trans for over 40k miles now. All good! M1 75-90 in front and rear diff's. Nissan does not call for 140wt in the rear (at least not my year Armada).

We have a 2008 Titan and a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder. The Pathfinder has the 4.0 V-6. The owner's manual for the V-6 says 5W30, 10W30, and 10W40 oil is OK. We use Mobil 1 0W40 in both of them. Oil is changed at one year intervals; this is about 9,000 miles. The Pathfinder is 9 years old, and has never been back to dealer for any repairs.

Originally Posted By: willsellers
Is it ok to use heavy wight oil in these V8's??? I was thinking 5-40 but haven't found much on the subject.

The application guide says you can run 10W-30 or 10W-40 above 0* F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back