Best synthetic oil for 240K mile truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

What is the very best synthetic oil for a 95 4cyl. nissan pickup with 240k miles?
I want this truck to last me until 500k miles.

Any issues over the last 240k miles? If none are oil-related, I'd use whatever was used over the last quarter-million miles.

I think Mobil 1 High Mileage would be a good choice. With that kind of mileage, 10w30 or 10w40 would probably be a good place to start.

Those 4cyl Nissans are great trucks. Many people have 300k+ miles on them using whatever oil they could get ahold of, so just pick any decent oil on sale and run it...that's just what I would do though lol

Stick with what got you/it 240k.
wink.gif

Last edited:
When I bought the truck it had 230k miles on it. With that said, I have no idea what oil was used before I got it.

I run Mobil 1 HM 5W-30 in my '94 Hardbody without about that mileage. I bought it in '95 and it received dino oil at 3500-mile intervals. It still doesn't consume oil between 7500-mile changes these days. It's my third vehicle now, used mostly for farm work. Nonetheless, I plan to keep driving it until the wheels fall off.

If yours doesn't burn oil, stick with 5W-30 or 10W-30. Thicker oils cause problems with the timing chain tensioner on startup.

I have a 91 4runner that I run castrol HM in green jug. Have been using it for years. The blackstone report came back excellent last time I did it.

Good point Lawnguy. Any current API SN synthetic should do, if you choose to go syn. There really is no best. If leaking or consuming oil, go with any top brand High Mileage oil.

Last edited:
I have to say, even though I run Mobil 1 in everything but one vehicle...in that vehicle Max Life Synthetic works wonders.

If it does not leak or burn M1 5w30 would be a good choice. If it has burning or leaking issues M1 HM 5w30.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1664795/%22What_oil_should_I_use?__#Post1664795

I have run mobil 1 5w 30 for the past 2 oil changes. Between oil changes it has used approx a half quart of oil each time.

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
I have run mobil 1 5w 30 for the past 2 oil changes. Between oil changes it has used approx a half quart of oil each time.

Seems very reasonable especially for the mileage. What you are doing seems to be working. A HM oil might not be a bad idea either.

Originally Posted By: Hollow
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1664795/%22What_oil_should_I_use?__#Post1664795

At our place it would be Rotella 5W-40 T6 or Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W-40 to get the Moly. Four ounces of Archoil AR9300 could be a plus if you are serious about a half million miles. We have a S10 with that many miles but the body is so worn it is a struggle to keep up.
smile.gif

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2133488
I plan to get a gallon and test it in everything over the next year so I have no experience with it yet in gas/diesel engines that are high mileage.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Mobil 1 HM is great, but I'd consider MaxLife Syn...

Maxlife Syn is hard to find around here. Not sure about other areas. M1 HM is $22.xx fully stocked on the shelves at WM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back