Not open for further replies.
Citgo SuperGard Full Synthetic 10W-30.
56.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Citgo SuperGard Full Synthetic 10W-30.
56.gif

Lol I was waiting for it

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
What is the very best synthetic oil for a 95 4cyl. nissan pickup with 240k miles?
I want this truck to last me until 500k miles.

You have a guy who goes by "HardbodyLoyalist" giving advice -- hard to disagree with that, especially when I run that same oil in a different vehicle with fantastic results.

Here's the viscosity breakdown:

Above 0 F......10W-30, 10W-40
Above 50 F......20W-40, 20W-50
All TEMPS......5W-30

What did the previous owner use? I would use a conventional HM for a while then a blend or full synthetic HM after that.

I have no idea what oil the previous owner used. That's something I didn't ask.

Last edited:
I usually go to walmart to get my oil and filter changed. The last time I went I had something happen that made me not trust walmart oil changes anymore. After getting my last oil change with Mobil 1 HM 5w 30, I got home and I checked my oil level. My oil looked like it had never been changed. It was very dark in color.

I drove back to walmart ,and told them about this ,and I requested to have another oil change while I actually stood outside and watched them. After the 2nd oil change was finished I drove back home,and again inspected my oil. It looked like brand new clean oil,and I was happy.

I think if I go to walmart again for an oil change,the only way I can feel good about it is to have them put Royal Purple oil in my truck. This way the guy who changes my oil might think twice because of the purple oil. Most people wouldn't even think to check it over after having it done. They think that they can always trust walmart. Not Me!

It's experiences like that in part that I like DIY on oil changes. The other reasons are schedule convenience and product testing.

Your choice of M1 HM 5w30 is a good one for your application. I've used it in other cars in the past based on it's VOA.

On the Mobil 1 website you can put in all you vehicle information,and Mobil 1 will tell you which Mobil 1 oil you should use. I was just curious if there were better fully synthetic oils compared to Mobil 1?

Last edited:
Any name brand synthetics are good
Its just about how much money you want to spend
The"best" is in the eye of the beholder

I think I'm going to stop doing business at walmart regarding Mobil 1. I'm going to start using royal purple hmx 5w 30. I will be ordering it online from jegs. They have good prices,and it's free shipping to my house.

Okay

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
I think I'm going to stop doing business at walmart regarding Mobil 1. I'm going to start using royal purple hmx 5w 30. I will be ordering it online from jegs. They have good prices,and it's free shipping to my house.

Why in the world would you use one of the most expensive syn oils on the market on an old truck with 240k on it ?
Its your money but it is way overkill
If your truck has no leaks or alot of consumption I think you will be fine with just a name brand dino oil
My 2 pennies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back