"Best Synthetic Oil" ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where they got this: "While conventional non-synthetic oil is recommended to be changed every 3,000 miles" bop

Last edited:
I do partially agree that PP is a good buy for the money, though overall I think that site is pandering.

Lets see....affiliate links to Amazon, eBay, etc. On the surface appears to be another ehow revenue share. Where authors write about anything and everything that generates clicks.

Even with all this 3k OCI is cheap insurance rhetoric, there are many who go 5k+ on dino. Most would rather fix things as they break, so they don't bother changing any of the other fluids either. I personally stick with 3k OCIs if I'm using dino. 5k is the absolute maximum. But that's just me.

Originally Posted By: semaj281
Even with all this 3k OCI is cheap insurance rhetoric, there are many who go 5k+ on dino. Most would rather fix things as they break, so they don't bother changing any of the other fluids either. I personally stick with 3k OCIs if I'm using dino. 5k is the absolute maximum. But that's just me.
I have religiously changed oils on all my vehicles at the 5K OCI for many years on dino and never had an issue. But please do not assume that because I do, that I wait till a fix-as-it-breaks or neglect the other fluids. None of my vehicles run on leaded gas or have points and condensers so IMHO, there is no need for 3K OCI's..

Status
Not open for further replies.