Best Stuff to Make the Exterior Trim Black Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using a sponge to apply Aerospace 303 to my tires a few times a year. The sponge turns black. I take this black sponge and apply it to the black trim on my chrome bumpers which have white chrome polish embedded on them. Turns the contaminated areas black again and wipes easily from the chrome too.

I recently tried 303 directly on the black trim with a clean applicator, still made the black trim black again, but the black sponge worked better.

I've never used a product marketed specifically for this task, and my vehicle is no looker, and there is no reason to polish a turd. I just try not to attract attention to the fact it is a turd, and keep my low mileage tires from dry rotting prematurely.

Naww...head right for those informercials...they are supposed to last years....only $19.95 plus processing....lol

Classic Armorall has been the easiest for me. Restores everything to new look. Lasts about 2 months per application on my escape.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Stoner's Trim Shine.

Does it work as great as their window cleaner? If it does I am sold.

Originally Posted By: davinci
Stoner's Trim Shine.

I use Stoner Trim Shine on the lower plastic cladding on my Ford Edge. The best I have used so far, Tried the gels that only goes white after a time and up throwing them out, Stoner doesn't. I also use their window cleaner, no issues.

Originally Posted By: davinci
Stoner's Trim Shine.

I like it better than their window cleaner.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
I recently tried 303 directly on the black trim with a clean applicator, still made the black trim black again, but the black sponge worked better.

I've never used a product marketed specifically for this task, and my vehicle is no looker, and there is no reason to polish a turd. I just try not to attract attention to the fact it is a turd, and keep my low mileage tires from dry rotting prematurely.

Funny, I just came to this forum hoping to find advice on restoring black trim.

Ironically, I used 303 and it worked nicely, until the first time it rained. It seems 303 has an oil of some sort which rinses off in rain. What I'm not sure about is whether the UV blocker remains on the plastic despite the oil rinsing off, or if you have to re-apply after every rain. Being in the PacNW, I need something that will last through rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back