best strictly winter/snow tire brand and models for trucks?

All season work for people who do not need to drive in really bad conditions. 90-99% of winter driving is on dry roads. Unless it is not and then nobody needs to be convinced about winter tires.
However if you want to handle the worst conditions you need to sacrifice the performance in typical conditions .
No free lunch in life.

Krzys
Problem is life does not work that way, especially here in the Rockies where you go from 70 degrees to 2ft visibility in 2hrs.

Last edited:
I run Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV winter tires on my GMC Terrain Denali AWD.

We don’t get much snow, but my Destination AT’s were great on wet roads
E3FF7E2B-6EBC-40E4-AEE5-2C15D9CEC492.jpeg

Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV
Currently running Michelin Latitude X-ice Xi2 which is discontinued for snow suv

Attachments

• A3D3C7D7-51BC-4A44-AB1F-E21A6AFC4FB5.jpeg
    A3D3C7D7-51BC-4A44-AB1F-E21A6AFC4FB5.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 4
That makes it a consensus.
Your point is.....
My coworker put winter tires on for the first time a few years ago (in his 60s). I got him a deal through work as I still worked at Goodyear. He told me the first week after he got then on someone spun out in front of him and he would have hit them with his regular all season tires.

People that start using them typically never go back. If you think they aren't worth it for you, that's fine. Just don't try to convince others that it isn't a big deal.

Slowing down early is important no matter what tires you have in the snow. But snow tires shorten the stopping distance greatly.

I've had dedicated snow tires and Goodyear Duratracs. The Duratracs were great in deep snow. But in light to moderate snow and slush....there is no comparison. Snow tires are vastly superior....especially when the temps get very cold.

I actually sold my Duratracs and went back to a snow tire. Currently running Firestone WinterForce in a 265/75 on stock 16" steelies. Had great results with the WinterForce.

20200107_175110.jpg
20201108_101845.jpg

Back