best spark plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of mower?
The cheapo B&S work good with a Champion.
A lot of your higher dollar mowers work good with an NGK.

E3 LOL.

Hate to admit but I may have bought 3 plugs for my lawn equipment in the last 18 years. I pull and gap them every couple of years. the ones I replaced are ones I broke the porcelain on.

Really, punisher has it right. I've had good luck with the E3s in flatheads. My honda generator has an NGK Iridium in it and it's been great. My 8HP briggs has a platinum tipped Champion (I think) and it runs well also.

I use NGK. E3 sounds interesting but availability might have it's limitation here. I buy NGK and Wix products at discount they have serve me well.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Id use champion and ngk interchangeably.
+1
thumbsup2.gif

I use E3 in mine. Aside from the light knock (due I think to running on original oil fill for over 50 hours.... ) it runs great. The E3 reduced fuel consumption quite a bit. (Previously by the time I finished our yard with a full tank of gas (I always fill it so when I put the cap on, it pushes a little bit out) it would be bone dry at the bottom of the tank. After the E3 plug, There is a good 1/4 inch of gas left at the bottom of the tank. Also, it starts much faster and easier, and it seems to have more power when mulching tall grass.

I haven't had great luck with E3. The package says guaranteed against fouling. When the mower starting running rough, I pulled the plug and it was fouled. Put in a Champion that has been working fine since.

My biggest annoyance was that I could not find a phone number to call them and complain. The only contact method I could find was to send an email using their website. That was three months ago, and I have NEVER heard from them.

When I installed an E-3 in my 5.5hp OHV pressure washer,it now starts much easier,and before it always had black soot in the tailpipe,now it burns nice and clean.This is one of those Chinese made Honda knock off motors.

Stay Away from CHAMPIONS as they are junk. I have personally
seen 3 plugs that came apart where the center actually came out
of the acorn and left the base in the block. 1 one a boat the
2nd one in a pickup truck and the 3rd in my rototiller.
Luckily it did not drop anything in to the cylinders.

Originally Posted By: BUBBA0420
Stay Away from CHAMPIONS as they are junk. I have personally
seen 3 plugs that came apart where the center actually came out
of the acorn and left the base in the block. 1 one a boat the
2nd one in a pickup truck and the 3rd in my rototiller.
Luckily it did not drop anything in to the cylinders

WOW!!!
shocked2.gif

agreed.

I went from Champion to E-3 on a briggs 20 Hp V-Twin and it idles much much smoother.

I usually have used NGK's...they are awesome too!

Yeah, you look at a champion from 20 years ago and you can tell it's not the same quality as today. E3s on the other hand are well made.

And I don't know what you guys are talking about them being expensive. They're like $6. C'mon now, I know times are hard but really.

I usually replace the usual Briggs J19LM's with an Autolite #458. Usually just as cheap and seem to stay a bit cleaner IMO.

I have used Champion plugs (as well as others) for over 30 years with no problems. I have used both Champion and NGK in my Caravan with no noticeable difference. I have used many brands in my OPE, including Champion, without noticing any difference.

As always, what's junk for one person works fine for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back