Best source for Grease fitting/ Zerk dust caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am down to my final 11 grease fitting dust caps for my Chevrolet RWD sedan. I really like them because they keep out the sand and grit and keep the fittings clean when you grease the fittings the next time. Easier to clean and lube the fittings. I bought black ones last go around. This time I am going to go wild and get Red or yellow because they are more visible under the car. If you want to see what exactly I am asking about, look here at McMaster-Barr for a photo of the 1" strap version.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#grease-caps/=hse9vm

Hotchkis Suspension also has them at 25 for 6.88 plus shipping. Much higher.

I mentioned that Hotchkis had them but they were more expensive at 25 for 6.88. Look at my link to McMaster-Carr and they have any color you want at 50 for 5.19.

Sounds handy. I'll admit what I do now though is I leave a blob of grease covering the zerk. It gets covered in dirt and crud but can easily be wiped off the zerk for regreasing. An actual cap would be nice if it survives (I can see those getting lost easy!).

I did order one pkg. of 50 from McMaster-Carr. 50 red caps =5.19, Shipping & handling=5.47, Total=10.66 for 50--0.2132 each
Summit Racing sells Hotchkis Dust caps 25 for 6.88, Handling(est) 4.95, Total=11.83 for 25-----0.4732 each
So get twice the amount for about the same price from McMaster. A GM rear wheel drive car typically takes 11 caps for the 11 grease points, so with 50 you could protect four cars and have 6 spares in your tool box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back